Model Cars Magazine Forum

amt white western star kit

Is the kit gonna get reissued or is it pretty rare?

The trend seems to indicate it MIGHT get reissued. As of right now, the kit is "somewhat" rare. For some, the model can be done using the cab from the Autocar, Diamond REO, and the Road Boss kits along with a resin hood that Gary Wallace makes, which is sold at Sourkrauts.

Hope this helps answer your questions.

The trend seems to indicate it MIGHT get reissued. As of right now, the kit is "somewhat" rare. For some, the model can be done using the cab from the Autocar, Diamond REO, and the Road Boss kits along with a resin hood that Gary Wallace makes, which is sold at Sourkrauts.

Hope this helps answer your questions.

Lol i was scrounging thru the box and it has a model truck entry contest dated 1975 that's a pretty ###### old kit

AMT's Western Star kit T541, was first issued in 1973-74, then reboxed in 1978 a 2nd time in GP "Georgia Pacific" T546 version. the Western Star kit was droped out in the early 80's when Matchbox took over,the kit as totally vanished for nearly 30 years. Rare indeed....so a complet/mint edition WS kit can get very, very, pricey ;)

Tought that this rare tractor kit would be the next one reissued by Round2, since the(upcoming) Road Boss was still available until the late 80's in the 2nd edition Branch Express livery...hope to see the WS back in near future.

Yeah I remember seeing the original issue in the late 70's as a kid in various stores. My dad was building truck models back then but never got this particular kit. I Had the Branch Road Boss kit in 1988 while I was in high school. I would have loved to have had the WS, but it was long gone by that time. I have several now in my collection, but I'm still hoping that they will reissue it. I'd pick up a few more just to have for future projects. It's a classic truck!

Cheers:

Bill