Model Cars Magazine Forum

62 catalina ..lowrider..in loving memory

mopar01lee

Ok i was not going to put this on the workbench section . that was untill yesterday, when i found out that an old friend that i havent talk to in 13 yrs.

i found him on facebook. and then thats when he told me the sadest story ive ever heared. and yesterday was a sad day , this is what i found out . my friend had a lil girl on 12/27/97, then (this is were it gets sad) on 11/9/98 she passed away due to her heart muscles quit working. that was 12 yrs ago yesterday.

well when i heard this, i figured i would build this lowrider for him an dedicate it to his lil girl. he is a big lowrider fan.

ok heres the build.. its AMT's custom 62 catalina.

D-50012.jpg

D-50006.jpg

here are some of the paint sceame im goin for .. ill be done w/2 diff color primers to get a light an dark effect with the paint..

015.jpg

D-50011.jpg

an heres the paint , its airbrushed nailpolish so the paint trick worked great....

2238.jpg

2237.jpg

2247.jpg

2245.jpg

D-50008.jpg

Edited by mopar01lee

• 4 weeks later...

ok been a bit on this ..was waitin on some stuff to get here ..

well it finaly got here . and its a first for me flocking and BMF.. i think it turned out faily good...

im also looking for some one who can make a few tranparent decals for the rear window, and hood ..if some is interested hit me up .. and thanks..

heres my first atempt at flocking . what do ya think..

2249.jpg

2250.jpg

2251.jpg

and my fist at BMF...

2256.jpg

and last a few mock up pics for ya .. the wheels on it are for the shot , im waiting on some purple and chrome 100 spokes to get here...

2255.jpg

2256-1.jpg

2257-1.jpg

2258-1.jpg

thanks for looking and any help with the decals would be greatly appreciated...

thanks Davin....