Model Cars Magazine Forum

[How To] Making Revell SnapTires Useable!

I'm sitting at my desk today doing invoices and such, and it dawned on me while glancing at the Revell snaptruck tires, Most builders hate the darn things, and most of us have at least 2 dozen of the goodyear 10x20 truck tires in a box somewhere!..so how about combining the two in order to solve some problems!?

The revell tires have a misaligned ridge from the molding process, so one half is larger than the other. I took a sharp razorblade and made a even cut around each tire. Its important to cut the tire on the side of the last main tread in the center, so each half will have those 2 treads, making the completed tire have 4 main treads in the center

Note: It does take 10 snap truck tires to make 5 completed ones....but I have a bunch of these tires, And I know a few of us do as well.

The goodyear 10x20 is the perfect tire to fit between the two halves. Im using the older version from the 70's but both work. The plus side to using the newer ones is 1 half already has a 22inch wheel opening for when they fit over the 5 spoke wheels in those ford coe kits.

You will need to glue them.

A dremel will work good with the sanding drum attachment, to increase the side of the wheel opening on the goodyear, use the outer halves as a template.

The end result is a tire matching in width to the italeri rubber tires at 11mm wide.

PB150844-vi.jpg

PB150848-vi.jpg