Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell 32 Ford 5 window Coupe Engine

I am starting this kit and I am curious. What size engines come with the kit It's the two- n -one model. I think one is a 5 liter Mustang engine the other I'm not sure. I'm not a Ford guy :o

I really would like to drop a flat head in this.I have a Revell 48 Ford convertible but the transmission is a bit smaller. Any sugestions for a flat head or 302 type engine would be helpful Thanks.

http://www3.towerhob...p?&I=LXWEA1&P=W The car I have

http://www3.towerhob...p?&I=LXWEA1&P=W Possible flat head engine from this kit.

Edited by mredzadventure

The big block? It looks like a Hemi not sure if it's 427 it comes with 2 engines

No- the 5-window has the Hemi (they call it an 'overhead valve V8' or something like that on the box, but it's an early Chrysler Hemi), and the 5.0. It's the Tudor sedan...

41We6KYoXVL__SL500_AA300_-vi.jpg

which comes with the flathead engine and the 5.0. Since your 5-window and the Tudor have the same chassis, the flathead from the Tudor will drop right in.

The one from the '48 would fit too, but might need some modification to the engine mounts, and since it has a manual tranny (the Tudor's flathead has an automatic), you'd also need to dig up a clutch pedal. I can't say for sure, but I think the flatheads in the '32 Tudor and '48 Convert have pretty similar speed parts.

Hope this helps!

^^^^^Thanks Chuck, Thanks Sully, that really helps. This is one of the many reasons this is the best model forum on the web.:o :o

I think I could scratch a clutch pedal and shifter with out too much trouble. I may have to lengthen the drive shaft. If I go that route I'm going to have to get a set of brake drums for the front and back to go with that vintage look. Flat paint and some white walls, To many idea's ..... aaaAARG! pleases make it stop :P This is why this is one of the worst sites on the web :o:D :D

All kidding aside this really helps Thanks

Edited by mredzadventure

Ed,

Replicas & Miniatures Co. of Maryland have a nice set of drum backing plates and Buick finned brake drums. Kris Morgan of M.A.D. has a super set of Pie crust white wall cheater slicks..............I'm using all of these on my build...........just a little parts info for ya

Sully

Edited by Sully

Ed,

Replicas & Miniatures Co. of Maryland have a nice set of drum backing plates and Buick finned brake drums. Kris Morgan of M.A.D. has a super set of Pie crust white wall cheater slicks..............I'm using all of these on my build...........just a little parts info for ya

Sully

Thanks for the info I have to get a catalog from Rep.of M.E.