Model Cars Magazine Forum

New guy here.

Hey guys new to the forum.

I have modeled for a few years and now I am planning to do a very customized build. I am a truck driver doing heavy haul with a T800 tandem and an 8 axle low-bed trailer. So I am planning on replicating what I drive in model form. I have lots of unbuilt trucks to use as parts for the base. I wanting to know if there is any other places other than KFS and sourkraut for parts and pieces. Also I once saw a place that sold very detailed CAT engines where is a good place to find those. And last thing is where is the best place to find KW T800 hoods and KW cabs with an intergrated sleeper and day light windows?

And the low-bed is going to be scratch built so it is going to be a huge project to undertake but it should be fun.

Edited by McTwist700

hi adam welcome to the forum, try ppvintagekits.com if ya dont see what ya want then email eric, he is behind on his site updates.

also:

http://www.stsmodeltrucks.com.

http://www.auslowe.com.au/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=27&vmcchk=1&Itemid=27

http://www.aitruckmodels.com

http://cgi.ebay.com/Plaskit-Kenworth-T800-hood-conversion-/150533940902?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item230c85a6a6

http://cgi.ebay.com/RESIN-KENWORTH-W900L-STUDIO-GRIFFEN-PAINTED-BLACK-/180599998710?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a0c9948f6

there are more i just cant find where ive put them all lol, hope they help you out. please show some work in progress pics this will be a nice biuld

dennis

Edited by cowboysevens

Gary Walace sells a Kenworth T800, but it is a day cab. You'll have to get the integral sleeper from Eric, and then use Gary's hood. You can get the T800 & front end suspension from Gary directly (GW Trucks), or from Chris @ SourKraut.

As far as the Caterpiller engine, check with Evan @ Melbourne Model Truck Accessories.

Hey guys new to the forum.

I have modeled for a few years and now I am planning to do a very customized build. I am a truck driver doing heavy haul with a T800 tandem and an 8 axle low-bed trailer. So I am planning on replicating what I drive in model form. I have lots of unbuilt trucks to use as parts for the base. I wanting to know if there is any other places other than KFS and sourkraut for parts and pieces. Also I once saw a place that sold very detailed CAT engines where is a good place to find those. And last thing is where is the best place to find KW T800 hoods and KW cabs with an intergrated sleeper and day light windows?

And the low-bed is going to be scratch built so it is going to be a huge project to undertake but it should be fun.

Hello Allan

To build your Kenworth T800 I can help you. I am the owner of Plaskit a resin cast aftermarket parts. I do offer a kenworth T800 conversion kit with a correct front end suspension kit.

Here are links that will show my resin cast parts and one Kenworth T800 I have built a few years ago.

T800 build

This link is the Kenworth T800 resin cast conversion kit: Note I no longer offer chrome plated parts.

TC2KFW.jpg

The correct font end for Kenworth T600 and T800 trucks:

TC7KFS.jpg

If you would like more information please contact me off board at:

plaskit_resin@yahoo.ca

Hope this will help you.

Best regards Daniel Gailloux

Hello Allan

To build your Kenworth T800 I can help you. I am the owner of Plaskit a resin cast aftermarket parts. I do offer a kenworth T800 conversion kit with a correct front end suspension kit.

Here are links that will show my resin cast parts and one Kenworth T800 I have built a few years ago.

T800 build

This link is the Kenworth T800 resin cast conversion kit: Note I no longer offer chrome plated parts.

TC2KFW.jpg

The correct font end for Kenworth T600 and T800 trucks:

TC7KFS.jpg

If you would like more information please contact me off board at:

plaskit_resin@yahoo.ca

Hope this will help you.

Sorry Adam

I called you allan. Welcome to our board I am from Province of Quebec.

Daniel,

What cab do you recommend for your T800 conversion? Will this work with the AMT T600 cab?

Hello Jim

I offer 2 conversion kits. The one shown in previous post will work with the AMT Kenworth W900 or the Revell of Gemany W900.

The second conversion I offer is a different hood all together and is a different master. This one will work with the AMT / ERTL Kenworth T600.

This is the link to my photobucket showing the second Kenworth T800 conversion.

TC4KRW.jpg

This conversion has less parts as it uses more of the Kenworth plastic model kit.

Hope this helps. Let me know if there is anything else.

Edited by daniel gailloux

Welcome aboard. This should be a cool project. As someone who pulls an RGN myself(just a tandem axle, though, I have to ask about the big truck in the last pic. Were the tires removed prior to transport? If not, do yo uhave any pix of it after it's loaded and tied down? I'm curious because I've hauled tires and other components for these, just never the whole thing.