Model Cars Magazine Forum

Buick and F-bodies

Guest roadkill2525

Guest roadkill2525

I had this wild idea, I drive a 86 Camaro and love Buicks. How would I go about building a 1980's Buick F-body?

I have a couple old Grand National kits and Revell reissued the 1985 Camaro, what are some ideas that could be used in building this.

I know I'll need a waterfall style grill, a turbocharged 3.8L V6, fender ports, black paint and maybe American Racing Vector wheels.

I like the concept. You have to adapt the Buick GN style hood blister to the hood, too.

Maybe look at the Reatta for styling themes, since the Reatta was similar in size and overall shape to the F-body? In fact, wasn't there a Reatta promo done at one time?

Wow! Never thought of this idea. I like Buicks as well. Hmmm, what would we call such a Buick? Roadmaster? Invicta? I could see a 69 Camaro based Buick with a split horizintally grille to resemble the Skylark of the day. It would have to have quad headlights, ventiports optional.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest roadkill2525

Im going to be starting this build, what are some things I'll need outside of the 85 Camaro and 87 GN kits?

The front and rear will be close to the GN but what are some other details that are needed?

I've been considering the name Invicta, Rebel or Wildcat.

Guest roadkill2525

I came up with some names for this project. Some are old Buick names, aircraft names and even names from Transformers. Tell me what you think of these names.

Invicta

Apollo

Wildcat

Bengal

Centurion

Hellcat

Intruder

Lighting

Phoenix

Raider

Shockwave

Devastator

Guest roadkill2525

I got the Camaro kit and still looking for the Grand National kit. Nobody has it, not even Wally World. Ideas along the way would be great.

Monogram had a turbo V6 3rd generation 20th Anniversary Trans Am in their Hi Performance series. Even came with ignition wires and heater hoses. That one kit could be a good start. Same basic engine as in the Buick GNX from the same series.

I kind of like Hellcat or Firecat, but the latter may be too close to the Pontiac name.