Model Cars Magazine Forum

What are your Projects for 2011

I don't plan on building anything next year, I need to get my "man cave" fixed up organized and set up so that I can build. I also plan on downsizing some kits that I no longer plan on building. If I get the shed in order I may try to pick a Mercedes Benz DTM model to build, or the Jagermeister Porsche kit.

I have a few long term projects that were started wtihin the last few years that I would love to get finished but then there's always those new inspirations that interrupt that flow. Slixx has some new decals being released for the 68 Hemi Dart so that one will be squeezed in somewhere.

to finish my titan 90 for the big rig cbp and also to finish my intl transtar

i have a 68 elcamino for a club build due in july, and a 57 cameo on the go as well.

my 2011 project is to get a pontiac grandville resin kit or just a body,dash and bumpers made im going to keep trying!!! :lol:

Those are fun to make! Congrats buddy.

First off, congrats James. Second I agree, they are the most fun to make in part because you are doing it with your wife/partner, But they are the hardest to keep clean and polished,especially as they hit there teenage years :)

Well I'd just like to finish something. I haven't finished anything since April, and that was an F-84 Thunderstreak..

HOWEVER....I have these on my workbench as we speak... :rolleyes:

Lindberg 1/20th scale Jeep Grand Cherokee, any idea what year this represents? Mid 90's?

ferrariandcorvetteprojects003.jpg

The Ferrari, acrylic paint removed and ready for the first coat of primer

ferrariandcorvetteprojects004.jpg

Waiting in the wings..

Three '69 GTOs. I'd like to convert one to a '68, but I undertand there are some differences? :P I have the front facia with the different turn signals and the rear bumper, but what else do I need?

ferrariandcorvetteprojects005.jpg

'66 Bonneville and a MPC '76 Ventura,

ferrariandcorvetteprojects006.jpg

and a 65(?) Vette

ferrariandcorvette002.jpg

Now, weather or not I finish these is another story, but I'm sure going to try..

Keep you posted..

Cheers, Ian

Edited by imatt88

The only project I am focusing on right now is cleaning my hobby room. With all of the holidays out of the way, I can remove everything I put in there to make room for the many quests that I had visit. Then plan on building my paint booth so I can learn how to use my new airbrush that my wife bought me for Christmas.

<sigh....> I'd love to finish my mid-engined 12 cyl. Hemi Dodge Daytona open wheeled roadster I started 10 yrs. ago. Or the exact replica of my actual car. Shoot.... I'd be happy getting a SNAP KIT done! But first, I'd like to get this project done:

House_7410009-vi.jpg

This is where my hobby area will be. I just have to sort out a few things..... eek.gif

I'll start sorting through what I'll keep & sell and then make a nice work area. Then watch out.... boogiebanana.gif