Model Cars Magazine Forum

Motivational Camaro

dougp

Here is my latest kit I used to get motivated to build again. The wife has been having some medical issues and after spending all day at dr.'s offices and labs I found it hard to go home and build. I found an AMT Concept Camaro snap kit in my closet and decided to try and throw it together. Well it got the juices flowing again. I added a scoop, rear deck spoiler and wheels and rims for the parts box. I changed the stance slightly to give it a bit of a rake. I detailed the interior and added a scratch built roll bar. I smoothed down the rear roll pan and filled in the factory exhaust ports and added my own on the side using aluminum tubing for the tips. The paint is Model Masters laquer, purple over silver mist with many coats of clear. This was my first and complete wet sand and polish. I used a Detail Master's polishing kit and it worked great. I managed to get some super glue on the roof after I got it assembled, but was able to polish and buff it out and save the paint. It helped that I used almost a whole can of the clear. lol

sml194.jpg

sml192.jpg

sml0193.jpg

sml195.jpg

Thanks for looking...