Model Cars Magazine Forum

IH 4090A super transtar

This was supposed to be my last build for 2010 but I missed it by 4 days. This is my first attempt at a resin conversion, a 4090A kit from sourkraut on a 4070B chassis cut down to a 160" wheelbase. The conversion went together better than some box stock builds that I have done and it was built in 1 month which is a record for me. I scratch built a few small items, slopped on my favrite IH paint scheme, and did some minor weathering on the Detroit V12 which is part of the conversion kit. Now, if the 40' van trailers ever get released I plan on building a set of turnpike doubles for it.

Jim

Picture002-3.jpg

Picture006-1.jpg

Picture005-1.jpg

Picture004-2.jpg

Picture007.jpg

Picture008.jpg

very nice! tell me more about the conversion you used? did it include the grille too or is that the kit parts modified?

Thanks. The correct grill is included in the kit as well as everything else you would need. The only thing missing is the old style air cleaner cap and I had a heck of a time rouding one up. The V12 is an option for a couple more bucks but it is worth every penny. Here's the link.

http://sourkrautsmodeltrucks.com/?page_id=3&category=2&product_id=207

Jim