Model Cars Magazine Forum

MY CHEVROLET/ GMC/ APPROVED RESCUE.completed pics.

This is my next project to fall onto my table. Years ago there was a fire app. company from Rockville N.Y. called APPROVED, they made these big molded looking bodies and mated them to just about any commercial truck cab, Now my reference pic is a GMC, but i have a Chevy cab, BUT , i may try to alter the CHEVY grill into a GMC (by altering it into a quad headlight grill, and using the GMC logo from the ASTRO kit.) progress is coming along ok so far, but much more work is yet to come. here are a few pics, if interested , i have more in my fotki album.. thanks for looking,dave.

HPIM4199-vi.jpg

HPIM4217-vi.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the nice comment's guy's. I have more updates tonight..i began to polish out the truck, I'm using MEGUIARS cleaner wax, really good stuff, i did not use any clear coat on this truck. I also began to add decals to the drivers side. I'm only doing one side at a time, as i'm cutting each letter out one by one from a chimnyville decal sheet for the st. louis f.d., so time consumming to say the least..Foil work still to come. thanks again for looking, dave.

HPIM4311-vi.jpg

HPIM4315-vi.jpg

HPIM4323-vi.jpg

Ray, i have decided to go with a chevy version.. i have been un happy with my attempts to make the GMC grill, and i gave it two shots, so i'm down to one grill, so i better stop for now.... i have some more updated pics to show today, been working on completing the body, then i'll move on to the inside.. here's a pic, i have more in my fotki album.. thanks for looking,dave.

HPIM4341-vi.jpg

HPIM4339-vi.jpg

Awesome work!!! The paint is beautiful on that thing! The attention to detail and scratch building is top notch!! Makes me think of when I was a kid and something like this would be rolling down the street in a 4th of July parade, all shiny and spotless! Very nice job!!