Model Cars Magazine Forum

What kit did these tail lights come from ?

In da 1-1 worl years ago, they waz known as Custom tail lights as the stockers had a portion in the lower half devoted to a back up lamp and a small round reflector . Honest Charlie , Almquist , J C Witney , hey if ya had a 55 Chebbie , ya wern't with it wit out em ! Dang, I'm old ! Ed Shaver

:rolleyes: kind of funny to think that you built it and cant remember but i think we've all had those moments at some point.

i seem to remember that kit coming with two sets of taillights, the ones you used and a smooth set?

It's the smooth set I was thinking about. But if that was the case I would have used them. As for remembering building that kit, look at the dust on the rims.:(

:lol: kind of funny to think that you built it and cant remember but i think we've all had those moments at some point.

I can't argue with that, I have a tatoo on my left calf that I once forgot I had... :huh::blink:

Greg, that's a nice stripped down streetburner you got there, bud.

Ed, just remember, with age comes wisdom! ;)

B) kind of funny to think that you built it and cant remember but i think we've all had those moments at some point.

i seem to remember that kit coming with two sets of taillights, the ones you used and a smooth set?

Yes, 2 sets. The stock ones are smaller, so that they fit inside the bezel, and as Ed pointes out, really should have been 2 peice like the 1:1. The bottom part on the 1:1 is clear, and housed the backup lamps if the car was optioned with them. The other set are smooth, with no diffusir patters on them, and fill the entire taillamp opening in the fender, with no bezel used. Some issues have problems with sink marks in the smooth lenses. Both sets of lamps are also in the AMT '55 Nomad, which the sedan kit was based from.

• 2 weeks later...