Model Cars Magazine Forum

An sum young Debutantes who've yet......

Guest zebm1

Guest zebm1

to have their "Coming Out" Parties. I'd be willing to bet that any red-blooded American male and perhaps a few from beyond our borders would love to bring these Ladies out into tha world. But, yall will have to figure out their bloodlines, whilst they allow tha briefest glances......

this young lady hopes to be a Bonneville Babe.....

100_0764-1.jpg

and her Fraternal Twin....

100_0765-1.jpg

an' their cuzin.....

100_0766-1.jpg

an' their best freind......

100_0767-1.jpg

having a hard time keeping tha spittle from collecting at tha corners, yall?

Can I interest yall in sum MCM Bibs?

:twisted: Zeb

The first two are 64 Cutlasses. The second is a 66 (?) Buick. The last is a 64(?) Merc. I have a model of the 64 Cutlass hardtop. I found it on e-bay for $30 about a year ago. In fact, the one I bought was used as the master for a resin bodied 442, but I never found out which resin caster built it. I'm in the process of restoring my real 64 Cutlass. The plan is to build a replica of my real car.

ooooh... i had one of those cutlass tonneau covers..... used it on a GTO!

it was in a huge box of junk kits a buddy gave me at "A" school in Great Lakes. loads of cool old stuff i worked through for literally years. might still have one or two bits and pieces...

that fairlane is posing as a meteor by the way... punish him, errol.

Guest zebm1

I used common American English...only Southern terms are cuzin and sum, but I guarantee that all of tha other words are in Webster's and the sentence structure is as we were all taught. Noun-->verb<--modifier and object.

whilst=Olde English for while

Fraternal twins=born at the same time, but not from the same egg

cuzin-cousin

sum=some

spittle= drool, sentence ends with corners (object to be understood) as in corners of the mouth

MCM=acronym for Model Cars Magazine

Bibs=we all wore them for a couple to many years, depending on each's ability, to catch tha drool

Ifn I can be of further assistance in the translation, please don't hesitate to ask.

:twisted: Zeb

Models are in order of appearence:

1964 Olds Cutlass F85 convertible

1964 Olds Cutlass F85 hardtop

1964 Buick Wildcat (rare) convertible

1964 Ford Fairlane 500 Sport Coupe

all are AMTs

while Zeb's dialect may be .... eclectic.... it beats the heck out of urbanized text-english. i'm a born backwoods Va boy myself and was raised among well-educated although country folk, and reading Zeb's prose is almost like sitting in on a gathering of uncles from home (most of whom held doctorates in education) while they discussed their collective past. one uncle made it clear to me as a young fellow that you could have an education and still not be able to communicate.

Ah cain git nun furter off'n 'em messkins down at yaw WalMarts, y'know? Steel, man shoold have the ca-honeys to take that thar red critter and caddy-whum em right on his privates. Still n all, i go up'a yonder and turn up the fuel on my Kenworth it'll run like a bull with his nads on fire!, then we callz it a day an sip sawgrass whiskey and wtach the bug zapper!

i love those custom tonneau covers; i used to lop off the roof on any (!) kind of car to put that "bonneville" look to it. love a bubbletop kit too; but usually section the bubble down to make a roadster out of it. man i need to get a digital camera... i have two different predicta models and club de mer restyled my way; i transplanted the custom grille and bumper from the AMT 56 victoria onto the predictas and smoothed over the club de mer adding rollbar/headrests from another kit. the predicta always looked mooshed down at the front; giving it a wide open grille mouth made it look more "sharkish".

that custom grille must have been used on a real 1:1 car, but i've never seen it in any books or magazines. i wonder who built the real thing?