Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell 57 Bel-Aire Sedan

Just curious. Has anyone built this one yet? I wonder if it is as poor as the hardtop Revell has put out many times before? I really like the AMT and Monogram 57 Chevys personally.

I have one in the works right now. It's great so far. Everything seems to be fitting together real nice.

Mike

Everyone is right regarding this kit. The Revell ones you're thinking of first came out circa 1963, & over the years as the tooling aged & things weren't kept up, they got a reputation as "impossible to build", though I built several of the 55-57 Chevies from Revell back in the 70's & have a few still in my stash to build again.

The Bel-Air 2 door sedan kit traces it's origins back to the excellent Monogram 1/25 scale 55 Chevy convertible from around 1995. The basic underpinnings of that kit have been used for a 56 210, a 56 Nomad, a 55 Bel-Air hardtop, & the 57 150/Black Widow & Bel-Air sedans. All of them are great models that build up very nicely.

The Mongram 1/24 scale 56-57 Chevies? Given their horrible & inaccurate proportions I'd take the ancient Revell "impossible to build" Tri-Five Chevy kits over those any day!!!! :rolleyes:

:lol:

I agree 110% with everything Mark said. I have at least one of all of these variations and they're marvelous, well-made kits that assemble beautifully and look super- even during assembly!

Charlie Larkin