Model Cars Magazine Forum

First Build of 2011 Toyota Celsior

JPR

Hey everyone! This is my first build of 2011, a Junction Produce Toyota Celsior or Lexus LS for those of us in the states. I know that cars like this only appeal to a select few and I happen to be one of them :unsure: Anyway, for those who dont know what Junction Produce is they are a company that cater to the VIP style cars of Japan. They Produce interior excessories, tasteful body kits, and various other things for these cars. VIP cars are generally Japanese luxury sedans that are lowered with camber, body kits, rims, and luxury interiors. This model has all of that.

here is an example of a real VIP car

gallery2Farticles2FInfiniti20Q45-2.jpg

And one of Junction Produce's most well known Items, witch the kit actually includes.

P1010351.jpg

The overall model kit was pretty good. I had a few fitting issues with some of the clear plastics but that was about it. Looking back on the build now I realize that I could have done a few things alot better and will probably be doing so in the future. It is definently not my best work but I think it turned out okay. The Color is Burgundy Red Metallic by Testors/Ford. It is sprayed over a black base.

Here is a side shot, also I appologize for the photos my camera sucks :unsure:

100_1754.jpg

100_1758.jpg

100_1759.jpg

100_1755.jpg

You cant see the interior but it is nothing special just a two tone black and Burgundy. Thanks for looking! :huh:

Edited by JPR

Nice paint, looks like very clean build.

It’s not really the style or taste for me, excessive camber on street car looks ridiculous to me, it looks like the car was dropped from about 10 feet in the air. It’s a fad for looks not for true performance, like a big muffler can or donk wheels.

But I’m an old geezer and thank goodness everyone doesn’t have the same taste as me or what boring world we would live in.

If you like your build then it has served its purpose and don’t let anyone discourage you.