Model Cars Magazine Forum

Trying to plan a build, 93 Centurion

I am wanting to build a 1/24 or 1/25 version of my Centurion. I have found early a few Bronco kits that I can use, as well as the front grill and bumper from f150 kits. Anyone have any suggestions on what I should do for the back door? I don't know how good I would be at scratch building that part. I'm sure I could do it eventually, just looking for an easy option. Here is a picture of my truck. Thanks everyone!

trey

IMG00020.jpg

I think your best bet is to use a pair of front doors, preferably from the '92-'96 F-150, cut the door vertically in line with where the vent window meets the side window (keep the separation bar intact), and use some sheet styrene to fill in the front part of the door. Best thing I can think of, maybe someone else has a better idea.

By the way, nice truck! I've always loved the Centurion, especially for the generation before yours, and wonder why Ford never made them from the factory! They eventually did it with the Excursion, but it would have been easy with their crew cab and the rear of the Bronco.

Edited by Jordan White

I think your best bet is to use a pair of front doors, preferably from the '92-'96 F-150, cut the door vertically in line with where the vent window meets the side window (keep the separation bar intact), and use some sheet styrene to fill in the front part of the door. Best thing I can think of, maybe someone else has a better idea.

Thanks for the input. That is what I had in mind. Seems to be the logical way to do it.

My baja is bigger than yours :rolleyes:

1111091650.jpg

AMT/Ertl reissued the old MPC (1980-ish) Bronco a few years back- that would give you the rear third or so, since the Centurion was basically a Bronco from the rear door edge back. You could probably mesh the Bronco tub and an AMT F-150 , and reshape the Bronco's front doors to serve as the rear Centurion doors.

I always thought these were cool, too, kind of wonder why no resin caster has ever tried a transkit.

backhalf AMT Ford Bronco and Front AMT Ford F-150, mold in the AMT Ford F-150 Taillights and

tailgate and your good to go.

Nice Centurion (Pre-Excursion) Like it alot.

Need any parts, just give me a shout.

Nice baja too.

I don't like ya anymore ;):o

I like both your rides and Jordan White has a Very Nice Baja too.

#1 on my don't like anymore list. :lol: :lol:

I've always had a strange fascination with the VW Bajas, Manx Buggys and Things.

But I've never owned a VW. :rolleyes:

Pretty much just hack up one of the Few bronco kits out there and one or two of the 92-96 F150 kits that are out there. I know there are a few people out there that have done this to make a newer Bronco so I would try to talk to them. Love the truck by the way! I have always wanted one of those to go with my 95 Bronco, hard to find em around here though.