Model Cars Magazine Forum

twin turbo 10.5 firebird

phil hibbler

Check this from the section on forum rules. And yeah, we're pretty serious about the rules here.

If you can't be bothered to make what you write, understandable then you obviously don't respect the rest of us. Spell check is NOT HARD. Using a period and a capital is taught in 1st grade. Our non-English speaking member make more of an effort to be understood. It's just pure lazyness.

This is why I don't participate much on the forum any longer. Gregg is a good guy and I consider him a friend. He and the magazine were the first of the media to really acknowledge my passable work. However, watching some of the posts on the forum, sometimes I just sit and shake my head in dissappointment.

I don't pretend to be the most grammatically correct person, nor do I think I am going to write perfectly every time I post. What kills me (figuratively, so as not to be literally incorrect for those crictics), however, is some folks that sit there and criticise others, but don't look at what they are doing/writing and their imperfections. No one is perfect and not everyone has the same capability, experience, etc. as those that expect it. I agree that folks have the right to expect a certain level of communication skills, but if you see someone that is not up to your standard, DON'T READ THEIR POST (that is also a choice you have). If you are so upset about it, petition to kick them off of the forum so that folks are alienated from the forum.

Some folks have no sensitivity. I don't even get why an earlier post had to have any reference to "Swahili" or "tribal dialect"? There are some that do it in a respectful manner (like Jantrix who asked..."do us a favor..."), but others just seem to be so mizerable in their lives that they have to stoop to petty insults. Don't be fooled by my first name being "Dirk" (it is Germanic), I am a "brotha" and found that comment inappropriate for the forum and unnecessary.

BTW (or should I have said "by the way") how does one spell "lazyness"? Also, I guess I should ask folks to check their punctuation and subject verb agreement. I guarantee you that my wife's second grade students could teach you critics a thing or two, I know they can me.

I got so caught up, I forgot the purpose of the post. Nice start to the project, Phil. I hope to get to doing a twin-turbo set up for a '69 Camaro PM project I started a few years back. I'll be taking some tips from what you've done so far. Keep it up.

This is why I don't participate much on the forum any longer. Gregg is a good guy and I consider him a friend. He and the magazine were the first of the media to really acknowledge my passable work. However, watching some of the posts on the forum, sometimes I just sit and shake my head in dissappointment.

I don't pretend to be the most grammatically correct person, nor do I think I am going to write perfectly every time I post. What kills me (figuratively, so as not to be literally incorrect for those crictics), however, is some folks that sit there and criticise others, but don't look at what they are doing/writing and their imperfections. No one is perfect and not everyone has the same capability, experience, etc. as those that expect it. I agree that folks have the right to expect a certain level of communication skills, but if you see someone that is not up to your standard, DON'T READ THEIR POST (that is also a choice you have). If you are so upset about it, petition to kick them off of the forum so that folks are alienated from the forum.

Some folks have no sensitivity. I don't even get why an earlier post had to have any reference to "Swahili" or "tribal dialect"? There are some that do it in a respectful manner (like Jantrix who asked..."do us a favor..."), but others just seem to be so mizerable in their lives that they have to stoop to petty insults. Don't be fooled by my first name being "Dirk" (it is Germanic), I am a "brotha" and found that comment inappropriate for the forum and unnecessary.

BTW (or should I have said "by the way") how does one spell "lazyness"? Also, I guess I should ask folks to check their punctuation and subject verb agreement. I guarantee you that my wife's second grade students could teach you critics a thing or two, I know they can me.

Since my post is being quoted, I'll reply.

So you'll break your self imposed silence to complain about my complaining. Okay, whatever. Listen, I didn't bash this guy. I didn't get irate and start insulting him or his work. I just asked that he put in an effort to be more understandable. And quoted the rules we have here, that we all have to follow. I made my point and then I dropped the subject entirely. I do try to be respectful and brief. I'm NEVER so petty as to get someone booted over this sorta thing. I've never tried to get anyone booted. The man does good work. So I'm just ignoring the typed info and look at the pics. If the builder is satisfied with the fact that I'll never know anything about his work aside from what I see, then so am I.

As for my spelling, I never claimed I was perfect, but it sure was understandable wasn't it? You didn't have to read it three times, to get my meaning?

Edited by Jantrix

There are some that do it in a respectful manner (like Jantrix who asked..."do us a favor..."), but others just seem to be so mizerable in their lives that they have to stoop to petty insults.

Jantrix, I think ScrappyJ applauded you for criticizing in a "respectful manner."