Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

The annual Springfield Vintage Grand Prix

This is pretty much UNBELIEVABLE! Springfield, MA ... a low rent town in mid Massachusetts is holding the Springfield Vintage Grand Prix sponsored by the Vintage Sports Car Club of America and will be run on CITY STREETS! The date is July 22-24 and my jaw is dropped that this can happen in this day and age. Springfield must be really desperate for some publicity. The route is still being worked out with the city but is scheduled to be within the center of the city. The street layout in central Springfield is pretty much a grid with few areas for curves, so it will be interesting what they come up with.

Edited by Foxer

Awesome! And they can have the local street gangs shoot the tires out contest! Don't they name streets in Springfield by the crimes noted at that location?

"Yeah, go a ways down Muggers Mile, hang a right at shotgun swerve. Slow down at the burned out cop car; the next left is Arson Alley. When you reach The Hooker Highlands you slow down, cause you want to veer left at the chaulk corpse outline in the street."

Awesome! And they can have the local street gangs shoot the tires out contest! Don't they name streets in Springfield by the crimes noted at that location?

"Yeah, go a ways down Muggers Mile, hang a right at shotgun swerve. Slow down at the burned out cop car; the next left is Arson Alley. When you reach The Hooker Highlands you slow down, cause you want to veer left at the chaulk corpse outline in the street."

I take it you've been there!!

This is pretty much UNBELIEVABLE! Springfield, MA ... a low rent town in mid Massachusetts is holding the Springfield Vintage Grand Prix sponsored by the Vintage Sports Car Club of America and will be run on CITY STREETS! The date is July 22-24 and my jaw is dropped that this can happen in this day and age. Springfield must be really desperate for some publicity. The route is still being worked out with the city but is scheduled to be within the center of the city. The street layout in central Springfield is pretty much a grid with few areas for curves, so it will be interesting what they come up with.

That is very cool as they put on a race in downtown Grand Rapids back in the late 90's. I have shot many of their events here in Michigan and they always put on a great event.

Jon Cole, on 01 March 2011 - 10:13 PM, said:

I take it you've been there!!

yes ,, Jon's been in the Springfield I know. :(

Edited by Foxer