Model Cars Magazine Forum

My first MCM Issue

..came in the mail today. January 2011 (duh) and I have to say..great magazine! For the last few years I was adamant that I wasn't going to pay $65 for a mag subscription. Then last month,while at my LHS, I saw an issue behind the counter and asked Graham if i could check it out. Very nice. 2 of the things that sold me on it was that the Annuals issue comes with the subscription, not an extra cost like SA. He also said it was a very unbiased group of volunteers that work on this thing. Well, it's worth the $65 bucks, Gregg.

Question, on the Whats Inside ..page/Coming next Time, the Annual Contest issue,(which I assume is the Feb/March issue), has this gone out yet?

Again, Gregg..you and your crew have a great magazine going, I only regret not subscribing 2 years ago!

--- Mike

Thanks, Mike!

Sorry it costs so much to get it across the border

Maybe that can change in time, if we can hook up with another independent group and due a bulk type of deal.

April is actually going to press in the next day or so, we should be caught up in a very short while

Yes, it is a labor of love by many here, and they are the backbone of the mag.

Thanks again for your support, Mike.

Thanks, Mike!

Sorry it costs so much to get it across the border

Maybe that can change in time, if we can hook up with another independent group and due a bulk type of deal.

April is actually going to press in the next day or so, we should be caught up in a very short while

Yes, it is a labor of love by many here, and they are the backbone of the mag.

Thanks again for your support, Mike.

Hey...credit where credit is due. I also don't mind paying extra for quality.

April is going to press soon, Feb/March is done and shipped?

Cool, I just sent in my check for the subscription so it will be a few months before I see an issue in the mail box however I will need to keep checking the hobby shop to not miss an issue, I too am wondering if the FEB/MARCH issue is due to show up at a hobby shop. I have to keep going by to see if its there because the workers at the shop never want to let me know if its there or not?!?!?!

I have to keep going by to see if its there because the workers at the shop never want to let me know if its there or not?!?!?!

Thats too bad..if anything new comes in at my LHS, the owner stows a copy for me behind the counter, kits, magazines or whatever else he knows will appeal to me. If it's a week or so before I drop by again, he wont put'em on the shelf, he'll keep'em until I show up.