Model Cars Magazine Forum

1967 Olds Toronado

Naydrus

I won this car on auction from Ebay, it was the closest I could find to my moms real life 1968 Olds Toronado. Even though they are one year different, I plan on modeling it after the one my mother owns. All I have to say is... THIS KIT IS OLD. I have NEVER felt plastic like this before, it feels almost brittle. Suprisingly, even though the kit was opened, all pieces were intact, a few were sitting in a plastic baggy inside. The chrome was in good shape. From what I have gathered, this car was purchased from a store called Barkers or Bakers, in Monroe LA on Dec 28, 1968. (The date and whatnot were written in pen on the box) They paid a $1.59... yes, you read that right... $1.59! I wish we could buy kits like that for those prices! All my other projects are being put on hold, as I want to dedicate all my skills to this one car. Here are a few pics of parts laid out... its going to be a interesting build!

100_6645.jpg

100_6650.jpg

100_6646.jpg

100_6653.jpg

100_6651.jpg

100_6657.jpg

PS- Sorry for stating such a paragraph about this... just I am very excited about this build, as I have never seen this kit before. To me, this is a rare, once in a lifetime project that I will probably never find again.