Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

Help on identifying this car.

Looks like an old Monogram 24th scale funny car model. ;):);)

George, you hit the nail on the head!!

I just looked at the DPMMC Instruction site, and I found this one:

http://public.fotki.com/drasticplasticsmcc/instruction_sheetsh/instruction_sheets/monogram-3/monogram-the-snake-/

Even though it is not the samee issue, it is the same kit. If you look at the fourth pic of the side of the box, while it says the body was molded in yellow, the windshield was molded in BLUE! :D

Edited by highway

Thanks to everyone who replied.

I thought it might have been the old Snake kit as my brother and I had them all. I just couldn't remember it having the blue windshield, which now seems sort of strange.

I was tempted to re-decal it into something else but I think I'll stick with the original now.

Thanks again,

KJ

Thanks to everyone who replied.

I thought it might have been the old Snake kit as my brother and I had them all. I just couldn't remember it having the blue windshield, which now seems sort of strange.

I was tempted to re-decal it into something else but I think I'll stick with the original now.

Thanks again,

KJ

This could be an older MPC kit of a Cuda drag racer. I have the street machine version of this kit--#1-0807 made by Fundimensions 1980 and it is the same color blue plastic. The windshield in my street machine kit is a dark color, almost a black tint. The Hemi motor has a blower and injector hat all in chrome. It had the stock interior and frame. Hope this helps. Patrick Mitchell

I should have also stated that underneath the blue, that I brushed on, the body is molded yellow. I'm sure now it's the Snake F/C.

Now to get to work. Where oh where do I start? ;)

Edit: And I just found a thread that states the decals for this yellow car are not in production. That's going to make it tough. :-)

Edited by KevinJarvis

Here's what The Snake Barracuda looks like built:

SnakeFCopenright-vi.jpg

SnakeFCLF-vi.jpg

The body of this one came from a trashed kit I had built as a kid and the chassis from the "Cop Out" Duster kit. I picked up the aftermarket decals at a show. Looking closely I see that windows are tinted blue. The Snake kit had a blower hat, the Mongoose kit had the injectors, I believe.

Here's what The Snake Barracuda looks like built:

SnakeFCopenright-vi.jpg

SnakeFCLF-vi.jpg

The body of this one came from a trashed kit I had built as a kid and the chassis from the "Cop Out" Duster kit. I picked up the aftermarket decals at a show. Looking closely I see that windows are tinted blue. The Snake kit had a blower hat, the Mongoose kit had the injectors, I believe.

Yep, thats her.

Now, to find those decals....lol.

Yep, thats her.

Now, to find those decals....lol.

Kevin, if you have the ability to make your own decals on your printer, or can find someone that can make them for you, there is a scan of the Snake decals in the link I posted earlier in the thread. ;)