Model Cars Magazine Forum

Model "A" Trackster

Ron W.

Ron, I like what you have going on here. One thing that stands out and makes me scratch my head is that piece of frame rail you added to the front so that your monoleaf would mount. It is really too large and does not resemble something a builder would have done to a real car. There must be some way to mount the front suspension and have it all look in scale. Aside from that, I think you're looking good.

This is my kind of build! Model T's, Model A's, etc, etc. Stock or modified, bring 'em on!

One small suggestion though, if I may....... loose the front metal axle. Take a close look at early Model A suspension and you'll see it's very "spindly" even on the race cars. And you might try to change those front "hubs" from the kit to some kind of backing plate from your parts box and set them into the wheel center. Or even a simple plastic circle. (A lot of early racers didn't even have front brakes, just rear ones and sometimes even operated by a lever beside the cockpit area.) And Jantrix is right... the frame rail extensions should be the same size as the main frame rails. Check the Internet (like "Conceptcarz.com") for some really detailed pictures of these types of early race cars. By the way, on larger tracks, many of these cars had two seats, the second for the "riding mechanic".

Keep this one coming the way you're going for a circle track car.. it's going to be a cool build. Love what I see so far.

Tony