Model Cars Magazine Forum

Fujimi RPS13 180SX Type-X

CrewDawg15

Thanks :D sorry for the lack of pics in my earlier thread, but Imageshack decided to start charging for hosting.  Now, I'm going back to Photobucket to post on forums :(

Yeah, I'm not known to just crank out the builds, LOL.  I took a job overseas when I retired from the Air Force, and resources were not plentiful :(  I'm back home now and plan on updating this build more often as this is a commission build, and I want to get back to my own.  I've got a lot more "Custom" engines planned, but need to get this knocked out first.

• 4 weeks later...

I work at the "Speed of Me", so here's a few more updates. The body has been sprayed with 4 coats of Testors black lacquer, just setting it aside so the paint will have plenty of time to cure before polishing.  I also fabricated a few bits for the engine bay such as brake and clutch master cylinders, fuel filter, and power steering reservoir by turning styrene in my trusty electric drill and shaping with a good ol #11 blade and sandpaper.  I also plumbed the fuel and power steering systems as well as running vacuum lines for the engine. She's still have a ways to go...

]

Thanks!  I'm not really a fan of highly modified, stripped out cars (my personal builds are more tame), but this one is a replica of a friends car.  She's a far cry from the curbside Fujimi kit I started out with.  I love to scratch build, that's why I love the curbie kits...they are literally a blank canvas to work with ;)

• 10 months later...