Model Cars Magazine Forum

2011 Revell-Monogram fall releases

I was wondering that same thing. I really hope they tooled a new hood because the fit of the resin hood in the previous issue was not good at all.

If I had to guess, I would say it'll have a new-tool hood ... and, speaking of new tooling, some of that will be required to restore the Tweedy Pie to its original form, which I'm happy to see.

Finally, I wonder if that '78 Trans Am is based on the "Smokey and the Bandit" diecast tooling. I REALLY hope so!

I smell a Smokey and the Bandit Trans Am going to be built

• 1 month later...

a 1/24 Huey Gunship..... Hmmm.... I smell another dropdeck load AND heavy commercial project here. Maybe a special carrier contracted to an aircraft museum... Also, Since I build basically everything, including aircraft, (I know, I know, call me a heretic and get it over with... B):lol: ) the 1/32 Junkers Ju-88 will make a VERY nice addition to my 1/32 Revell FW190-8... I guess I'll just have to make that diorama a bit larger... In 1/32, that Ju-88 is going to be one BIG bird, and with that greenhouse of a forward fuselage, the cockpit details WILL pop... :D

It's a great time to be a model builder, period! It doesn't matter what genre you build, everythings comin' up roses!

Edited by Wagoneer81

anyone know anything more on the steve kinsar sprint car??? :lol:

(Kinser)

I am waiting on that one also, hope they can remove the Goodyear from the tires on that one, like they have on all the street cars (I already have a bazillion of the others,so it would be nice to get some "blank" ones to use on some of the Hoosier era cars). :)

Edited by horsepower

(Kinser)

I am waiting on that one also, hope they can remove the Goodyear from the tires on that one, like they have on all the street cars (I already have a bazillion of the others,so it would be nice to get some "blank" ones to use on some of the Hoosier era cars). B)

hey any chance if they do that . that maybe we can trade a couple sets ill trade the unmarked for your couple marked sets if they do that of course???? B)

Here is one I built the last time the Huey was out

Peterbilt_378_big_Sleeper_with_helicopter_hauler_Italeri_revell_model_37904.JPG

Peterbilt_378_big_Sleeper_with_helicopter_hauler_Italeri_revell_model_37856.JPG

Peterbilt 378 Big Sleeper with Helicopter Hauler

a 1/24 Huey Gunship..... Hmmm.... I smell another dropdeck load AND heavy commercial project here. Maybe a special carrier contracted to an aircraft museum... Also, Since I build basically everything, including aircraft, (I know, I know, call me a heretic and get it over with... ;):lol: ) the 1/32 Junkers Ju-88 will make a VERY nice addition to my 1/32 Revell FW190-8... I guess I'll just have to make that diorama a bit larger... In 1/32, that Ju-88 is going to be one BIG bird, and with that greenhouse of a forward fuselage, the cockpit details WILL pop... :lol:

It's a great time to be a model builder, period! It doesn't matter what genre you build, everythings comin' up roses!

Whoops! I stand corrected!

I went to take a look at the kit as I have a couple in the stash (both original issues) and you're right, it's not a 2 'n' 1!

Although it's just as well as I'm not a custom kinda guy-------and I have those kits to perhaps take one of 'em and turn it into a Impala Sport Sedan, with a roof section I got from The Modelhaus. B)

Bill,

Go ahead, I dare ya!!!!!

Ron