Model Cars Magazine Forum

61 Impala Lowrider

justin2020

Nice color

The Lindberg kit is one of the best Impalas´s line available in my opinion.

You should think in change those wheel for Pegasus or Hoopin Hydrus... The improvement at the end will be visible quickly

Nice color

The Lindberg kit is one of the best Impalas´s line available in my opinion.

You should think in change those wheel for Pegasus or Hoopin Hydrus... The improvement at the end will be visible quickly

I think I would have to agree with you. I think it needs a set 1109's. However all of the local shops do not carry them.

Man, your work is very clean and nice

Please, tell me how did you put the flocking??? It is very well done…. Soft and smooth.. no coarse...

If I can give you a tip, a little extra attention to mold lines can make your model pop up to our eyes…

It´s simple and quick… a x-acto and file does the hard job…

61ImpalaLow-vi.jpg

Edited by Drago

Man, your work is very clean and nice

Please, tell me how did you put the flocking??? It is very well done…. Soft and smooth.. no coarse...

If I can give you a tip, a little extra attention to mold lines can make your model pop up to our eyes…

It´s simple and quick… a x-acto and file does the hard job…

61ImpalaLow-vi.jpg

Thanks for the tips Drago. I will keep a fine eye out for those pesky mold lines in the future. To answer question about the flocking I use Elmers adhesive spray. I simple mask off what I do not wanted flocked then I spray it with the adhesive. Next I sprinkle on the flocking and spear it around so that all s cover. After that I start to press it into the adhesive. Lastly with a old worn out toothbrush I brush away the excess. I hop this helps if you would like for me to posta picture of the glue I can.

Thanks again

That paint and the interior details are looking good. Keep it going, it's going to be a sweet ride!

Thanks Cranky for the encouragement.

YES THIS CAR LOOKS AWESOME AND SO DOES THAT FLOCKING JOB ...WELL DONE BRAVO !!!! :)

ONE QUESTION ABOUT THAT GLUE IS IT AS FORGIVING AS REGULAR ELMERS..IF YOU SCREW UP CAN YOU PEEL IT UP ????

I got a lot of work done on this over the last few days. I get some of my best work done while on business trips setting in my hotel room.

P1050387.jpg

P1050388.jpg

P1050389.jpg

P1050393.jpg

Edited by chev12olet

YES THIS CAR LOOKS AWESOME AND SO DOES THAT FLOCKING JOB ...WELL DONE BRAVO !!!! :o

ONE QUESTION ABOUT THAT GLUE IS IT AS FORGIVING AS REGULAR ELMERS..IF YOU SCREW UP CAN YOU PEEL IT UP ????

Sadly it is not. However I have never had to try either. With it being a spray it goes down very even. It really gets into the coners well. With Elmers bottle glue my conners were always a little thin. Hope this helped.

Some nice details so far J but this car diffidently needs another set of wheels to give it that complete look !

I have picked up a set of 1109's to replace the stock wheels. Thanks for looking check back soon I am starting to rechrome the body work. Hope to finish this up soon.

Sadly it is not. However I have never had to try either. With it being a spray it goes down very even. It really gets into the coners well. With Elmers bottle glue my conners were always a little thin. Hope this helped.

YEAH IT DOES I'LL TRY IT ANYWAYS BECAUSE IT LOOKS AWESOME

THANKS ;)

Edited by chev12olet

am i late to the party.. :D the new wheels make it look way better. i like the extra details you have put into it and the flocking looks pretty cool. B)

Thanks LAone it will be nice to finish this one up. I am starting to lose my drive on it

Great job! Did you lower the suspension? I like the new wheels. Where did you get the plumbing for the engine?

Thanks,

JB

Thanks JB.

I did lower the suspension in the back and I flipped the spindles over in the front. The wheels are 1109's from Pegasus. The pluming came from Detail Master and Parts by Parks. These its can be found at a well stock hobby shop or on line.

Thanks again

Justin