Model Cars Magazine Forum

Ok-My real Revell?Gearz entry

raymanz

This is a little 41Chevy Rat truck that was done after a truck I seen on the Hub Garage.(ExtremmeTrucks garage. The past-owner said it looks just like his truck did when it was shipped to California.Some key note are the added 50chevy rear fenders,scratch built air tank in bed and the duct-tape on seat.Thanks&Hope ya like it,he sure did.RT20012.jpgRT20009.jpgpicture004.jpgpicture007.jpgpicture008.jpgpicture001.jpgpicture014.jpg

Edited by raymanz

That's awesome, I really like the grille.

Thanks Joe,I cut each slat and man I'm telling you what a pain. It broke right as I was doing the last one -Go Figure! But since it's weathered you can't see the break. pic of the real truck it was modeled after.Thanks again-Ray Edited by raymanz

Beautiful work. I love it. You gotta display the model with a picture of the real thing at shows and people will see how spectacular your skills are! Congrats.

Thanks,Doc Yeah without the pics of the real thing it becomes just another rodent. Thanks for the compliment :rolleyes:

That's a really cool looking old truck! Excellent weathering job! I wish I could do weathering,but I don't seem to have the knack for it. Great work on this one!

That's a really cool looking old truck! Excellent weathering job! I wish I could do weathering,but I don't seem to have the knack for it. Great work on this one!

Roger,first off-Thanks and secondly you should give weathering a try.After a while it get's to the point-the more you screw'm up the better they look.Give it a try and if you have any questions drop me a p/m and I'll try and help.

oh and by the way you can go try that real rusting weather job. or you can also just melt parts of the body with a liter. and add lots of junk parts to it. and spray or hand paint it rust colors and primer and the cars paint job to give it a weather rust look. and then wen your done just dull coat it alot so its flat and not shiny. it all ways works for me!! you should try it though rodger. B)