Model Cars Magazine Forum

Super September Showdown XII

• 2 months later...

The twelfth annual Super September Showdown is just a month away! A paltry $5 gets you through the door and grants you full access to the contest tables and vendors!

As announced last year, we have a new, stand alone category for First Responders and this year's theme is TV, Movie or Show Cars!

For a show flyer, registration forms and other show information, just zip off to the club's site at www.cpmcc.org or click HERE to get to the show's info page!

• 3 weeks later...

Im going... and I thank the club for having a stand alone First Responders class. Ill have a few models in that one... see you guys on the 11th

You're very welcome, Chris! The decision to have a (permanent) First Responder class was driven by feedback from attendees and participants. Don't let the occasional vapid, blank stare from some of us on the day of the show make you think we aren't listening!

We've left the class fairly broadly defined to encourage participation and provide a forum for the unique character these subjects bring to the display tables.

Bring 'em on, folks!

People: If you're on the fence whether or not to go to this show - DO IT! I've been there several years and enjoyed it thoroughly every time. Sad to say, I already have a commitment for this Sunday, so I can't be there this year. Hopefully I'll find out further ahead of time next year what day it's on and be able to schedule around it.

Not sure I can make it this year or not. :( As I type this, I'm looking at torrential and consistent rain, that's had no letup for the past day or so. The river is forecast in this area to crest at 26' early Saturday morning-------that's 3' above major flooding levels! My house is in a flood plain, so I've been paying very close attention to the weather and the news.

I've already had to put the refrigerator in my basement on blocks as the water is coming in the trap door entrance. Thank goodness I have a sump pump. If there's no flooding (or evacuations) in my area over the weekend, I may stop over if only to stay for an hour or so. I can't get time off for that night as we're at the end of the fiscal year on my job, and I'm out of personal/vacation time, otherwise I'd stay for the whole show. :(

And...CUT! Print it! This one's a wrap!

The 12th Super September Showdown finished up earlier today with 423 total entries. The photos are popping up on various sites as attendees get back to their respective home bases, but since I work the registration table I leave my camera at home.

Next year's theme will be Abandoned Brands and the date will be Sunday, September 9th. Look for additional details about the 2012 September Showdown on CPMCC.org after the dust from today's event settles a bit.

I wanted to extend heartfelt thanks to the attendees, the vendors, the various CPMCC members who pitched in to help and Len Feinberg who manages all the details pertaining to the hall and coordinated the vendor area.

I especially want to thank the entire group for the deafening silence in the hall after club president Mike Cole asked for a brief remembrance of those lost, and those who still deal with the losses of 9/11/2001. It was at the same time humble and profound.

We're glad you enjoyed the show! Gotta tell ya the overall positive response is a great motivator!

There are some things we plan to tweak, adjust and/or address to make the next one even better, and we've already taken some constructive criticism under consideration. We certainly appreciate the comments whether critical or congratulatory. Either way is serves to help us make it better each time out of the gate.