Model Cars Magazine Forum

Custom El camino

Lownslow

i had gotten this car in a pile of wrecks, none of the cars were salvageable for parts so a majority found their way to the garbage except for this and 2 other cars i plan on restoring. this one rolled so i gave it to my niece so she could play with it when she was over it lasted a good 5 or 6 months but as you know models aint really for playing, eventually the front wheels gave out and the car ended up at the bottom of the toy bin. when i came back from florida she told me it broke and if i could fix it, i decided to just buy her one that could put up with the abuse and fit her dolls in it when shes old enough ill give it to her as a Bday present.

the paint is nailpolish mixed with HOK candy concentrates with yellow flames and coated with urethane. this was also the first build i tried the dimmed rotary tool for final polishing and im happy i used meguars ultimate compund and scratch X with the final buff done with the treatment.

before

A9R4J.jpg

RjigR.jpg

after

oyfvP.jpg

UzODB.jpg

7C77z.jpg

gulnn.jpg

rEAcb.jpg

This one is looking cool! I don't know, do I like those wheels or not, but front tires could be bit higher profile, those are too low profile tires... But anyway, paintjob is very cool as always, and those flames are nice too. I like the stance. Very nice save of this old Camino, it looks pretty hopeless in those first two pictures. I could not believe that it turned out this nice. Grille looks very good too. :P