Model Cars Magazine Forum

Prayers for my town

Yesterday afternoon, June 10, 2011. My town, Taylorsville, Mississippi was hit by a EF1 tornado caused by a small afternoon thunderstorm. There was no warning, and while nothing was really damaged, it tore down about ten large pine treens around the town and destroyed one gas station. Nobody was injured. The sad part is that there was no warning and there was over 150 kids having a Vacation Bible School Party while the whole thing came through. The whole town was without power for most of the night, mine only to get restored about fifteen minutes ago. Please remeber a speedy recovering of the town in your prayers.

Brandon

Having been through a few in my lifetime I know the trauma that can be caused even when there are no injuries.

Our prayers are with you and your townsfolk.

Having recently witnessed not one, but what has been confirmed as three or four horrific tornadoes hitting less than an hour from me, all category 4-5, I can understand the havoc and terror even a small one can cause.

We'll be thinking of your neck of the woods, too.

Charlie Larkin