Model Cars Magazine Forum

Joie Chitwood Replicas

gappa508

I have been a thrill show fan since i was little. I have recently been building some replica cars from the Chitwood show. I spent a long time in photoshop coming up with decals as close as possible to the real cars. The 74 camaro was an actual chitwood model that was pieced together from a couple models (it now has more accurate decals, see first photo). The mid 90s camaro, 80's camaros, and 97 corvette were promo cars that i painted and created decals for. the cannon jump truck was made by ertl. I am going on tour with Tonny Petersen's Hell Drivers show this summer and will have my builds put on hold. But when i return to the bench i will be building many other cars from thrill shows of the past. Also i will be building the entire chitwood line up from the mid 90's including a new cannon jump from styrene.

111_0699.jpg

111_0691.jpg

111_0690.jpg

111_0689.jpg

111_0686.jpg

111_0684.jpg

111_0683.jpg

111_0670.jpg

111_0669.jpg

111_0668.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

nice builds. but wait aint mr. pibb is that made up soda from american dad? cus. i never heard of it at all before except coca cola.

Mr Pib was a Soft Drink from the past . I think it was a Cola Drink made by the same poeple making 7 UP . Great collection . Just right and super justice done to this piece of History . Thanx ..

Great collection . Just right and super justice done to this piece of History . Thanx ..

your welcome. and thank you. When i return from my summer job with Tonny Petersen's Hell Drivers there will be many more pieces of thrill show history being built