Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

Go the grocery store and find the most Fluffy paper towels ya can find . MIST a LIGHT coat of paint over the towel and adhere it with Elmers or a similar White glue in a LIGHT Coat ! A Heavy coat will make positioning very hard !

Ed Shaver

Go the grocery store and find the most Fluffy paper towels ya can find . MIST a LIGHT coat of paint over the towel and adhere it with Elmers or a similar White glue in a LIGHT Coat ! A Heavy coat will make positioning very hard !

Ed Shaver

Interesting. I learned about flocking years ago, and Mark Taylor recently got me hooked on using embossing powder, but I'd never heard of this method.

Can ya post up a couple pics?

I prefer to use baking soda for flocking. It has a lot better scale appearance than flocking and doesn't have that thick fuzzy look to it. When it's dry,you can spray primer and paint on it to perfectly match the rest of the interior. I just now have finished a project that I used the baking soda method on,but I don't have any photos. I tried the paper towel method once and it works pretty well too. Makes a good texture look. I think it would be best for making headliners.

as of lately, i started buying martha stewart flocking at micheals art store. it's actually nice and not as big as others. not only that, but there are several colors.

i also use flour and microballoon filler as well. all three work great.

microballoon filler painted

007-5.jpg

martha stewart flocking black

011-6.jpg

martha stewart flocking black and pewter mixed together.

075.jpg

baking flour

006-3.jpg