Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

Pete 386 with step-deck

Here in Holland we have founded a small group of modelers who want to promote the truck modeling as much as possible. We are only with five people but are working on a lot of things. Some of you might know the Fotki site with all kinds of info about model trucks and other stuff. Lately we have some other projects involving CNC milling. A friend of mine has drawn a container chassis for a 20ft container which we have milled in a number of about 20 kits.

Personally I have drawn a step-deck trailer. On the internet I found a drawing of a Doonan trailer which helped me with the drawing. I made it to carry my Ertl Drag trucks. As a front truck there is a Pete 386, a resin conversion by Tim Ahlborn.

enjoy

Hessel

IMG_7780-vi.jpg

IMG_7783-vi.jpg

IMG_7784-vi.jpg

IMG_7787-vi.jpg

IMG_7788-vi.jpg

IMG_7791-vi.jpg

hessal,

this is a great lookin combo of trucks . i seen pics of this abit ago from contest pics an it cought my eye wit that drag truck on the back. i have one of them drag trucks sittin in my pile ..do you have any pics of just the truck it self?? keep up the great work . brad

Are you familiar with André de Vries?

He is one of my best friends. He is de one who developed the container chassis I was talking about.

o you have any pics of just the truck it self

I will make some photo's to post.

Hessel

Edited by Hessel Hemstra

This trailer is build as a one-of but maybe I can cut a little more. I will have to think about that. To be honest, the trailer is build around wheels from a Imai kit (scale 1:28) the tires are therefor a little wide. Tires from AMT (the old, small ones) would do.

I have drawn some new stuff as well. One of them is a cheetah heavy goods trailer.

cheetah1-vi.jpg

cheetah2-vi.jpg

They still have to be milled. I do not have a machine of my own and also the poly-styreen has to be bought. I will try to keep you up with the possibilities.

Hessel