Model Cars Magazine Forum

26 T

mageckman

Thank you for the comments.

Andrew, the frame was very fiddly, as If I recall correctly, it was in 4 or 5 pieces. It was a pain to get it glued together straight and flat. Once the frame and suspension were together, everything else was pretty easy to get together. Hope this helps.

Nice build of the older Revell T kit. That frame is a little hard to get straight and flat without some extra care and work, but it looks good assembled and fits fine under the body and gives a nice Hot Rod stance to the little T sedan delivery. That Jag(?) "indy" rear end looks great under the rear of this car. Nice big and little tires even though they are 2 piece if my memory is correct. The car and the frame are based on a real car built by a famous hot rod builder and machinist and Indy car builder named John, can't remember his last name, but he passed the same year as the famous car builder Boyd Cottington. Revell used the frame under several of their Hot Rod series kits from that time. I like this build, good job. Please forgive my spelling and senior moments. Patrick M

Edited by pepperdrumstix

Your welcome, Andrew.

Patrick, this was the most recent (I think) reissue, so it had the one piece tires. I believe the builder you were referring to was 'lil John Buttera. This kit has been repopped several times. I need to see if I can find the Hot Rod version again, as that is the first time I had this kit. The big Three kits in one big box kit with the 26 T, Model A delivery, and 34 Ford. Ahh, the memories. lol