Model Cars Magazine Forum

Truck build-off

Hi guys, I was wondering if this blog would benefit from a little common themed build off. Let's say we take a basic low cost kit, such as an AMT/Round 2 International Transtar with an AMT Fruehauf 40 foot flatbed, give everybody a week or so to find their stuff and put a "reasonable" time limit, let's say 2 months,to build it. And just watch how that is going to end up? Other than the time limit would be a budget limit as well, let's say 100$ including the kits, paint and additional equipment, such as a material handler or an additional truck or trailer kit required for the build. The truck configuration may change from box stock to a cummins 350 driven, single axle tractor with a 53 foot spread axle step deck trailer. Parts box may be used but is limited to 1 item such as a set of wheels or an engine-transmission combo, front bumper or half fenders. The only limit is our imagination. No winners, no losers, just pictures taken and fun in the process. Open to anybody who wants to participate, including the expert Tim... No already built up kits, no cheating, that would take out the kick from this little event. How's that sound? Just to make this blog even more addictive, if it can be! :angry:

I don't think it is really a good idea, I had seen someone else try one of these "Budget" builds and with a short time limit, and it failed miserably, only the ones with the idea built anything, and I think of the three with the idea, only one of them actually finished. In my personal opinion, strict restrictions are the best way to make a communtiy build idea fail.

Also, I already have a common themed community build for trucks going on here on this forum. If you would like to join up, feel free to bring your truck over to the MCM Truckstop and park for a while! :angry:

http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=37529

I don't think it is really a good idea, I had seen someone else try one of these "Budget" builds and with a short time limit, and it failed miserably, only the ones with the idea built anything, and I think of the three with the idea, only one of them actually finished. In my personal opinion, strict restrictions are the best way to make a communtiy build idea fail.

Also, I already have a common themed community build for trucks going on here on this forum. If you would like to join up, feel free to bring your truck over to the MCM Truckstop and park for a while! :(

http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=37529

Hey Highway, you're probably right, I get your point. Being relatively new to the forum, I didn't know you already started something similar to this. So yeah, I will register to build something soon. I have some new kits waiting to be built , including that Transtar I was talking about.