Model Cars Magazine Forum

1969 johan roadrunner

MrDemon340

i chose this old kit to post on the bench section this needs alot of workmymodels031.jpg i had to get this for the chassis motor and etcmymodels032.jpg look at the chassis,had to rework the inner fenders etc to let the hood do its thing mymodels030.jpg also had to cut a strip outta the chassis to make the rear wheel tubs line up guess it was a lil to long mymodels029.jpg

theres alil mock up so far

Edited by MrScatPak

wouldnt it have been cheeper to use the mpc 70 supper bee ( $13.00 Vs $21.00) or is the RR frame different ? just wondering ive been kicken around the idea of doing this to a 63 plymouth & 62 dart ?if the RR frame is closer isnt the new 69 gtx the same ? its only $14.00?or is the amount of work just the same? and you used what was lying around?thanks mike.and your RR is lookin great - keep up the good work.

wouldnt it have been cheeper to use the mpc 70 supper bee ( $13.00 Vs $21.00) or is the RR frame different ? just wondering ive been kicken around the idea of doing this to a 63 plymouth & 62 dart ?if the RR frame is closer isnt the new 69 gtx the same ? its only $14.00?or is the amount of work just the same? and you used what was lying around?thanks mike.and your RR is lookin great - keep up the good work.

i bought 2 of the 68 plymouths for 12 bucks a peice all the roadrunner /gtx /superbees have the same chasis u can see the difference in the blue johan and the white amt

Rodney, I seem to recall now that you mentioned it, you are right. The different wheelbase front clip was for the MPC racecar series they

had. There were pony cars, and intermediates and only one chassis. You could use the different holes for the front clips on them.

The AMT chassis may be better but the Johan Body is far better than the AMT. The AMT doesn't capture the rear quarter panels or the rear wheel opening shape very well at all, looks like they used a car that had extensive bondo/patch panel work done to it as their master.....