Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/16 Revellution F/C

Hey Paul I just wanted to chime in and say GO FOR IT MAN! just jump in and do it , You can build a Pro Mod And with guys Like Dave, Greg ,Derrick & myself helping you out im sure you'll build a outstanding model, you already have the first thing you need and that was the idea to do it.That's where all these builds start, And Greg was right building models are therapeutic , I know because I broke my hip back in 2002 (fell from a 5th story balcony) but building (I Believe) got me back on my feet a whole year sooner than my doctor said I would. I wanted to share my 1/16th Pro Mod build with you. I started off with a Flash Point Body . And yes this is my first but I had great guys who were willing to help me out.

http://www.modelcars...showtopic=44578 I hope you enjoy :lol:

Edited by Aftashox

I just started on it. I'm looking thru all the parts now. Should I dechrome the engine parts? I also looked at the 1/16 Vega F/C and that thing is looking sweet. I would love opinions and help with this and best place to buy parts for the motor.

Thanks guys

Hey Paul,

As far as parts for the motor. here is all of the places that I have personally bought stuff from for my 1/16 Vega F/C build:

Charlie at Pro Tech... has the best braided wire in the business I have seen to date. he is also getting some more parts in for 1/16th scale stuff. I recently received some throttle linkages and rod ends. He is also going to be having some cast seat belt hardware coming out in the near future.

DP-Army-Vega534-1.jpg

RB Motion (Robert)... Is who I get all of my turned aluminum A/N Fittings from, I also got my rod end links, as well as valve stems, spark plugs and spark plug/distributor cap boots.

Micro Nitro (Jim)... has beautiful turned aluminum rims and they are very nice quality too.

Scale Hardware (Bob)... They have various sizes of threaded bolts, threaded nuts, simulated bolts, rivets and other types of hardware. Very nice product.

Machined Aluminum Specialties (Terry)... Terry has some various turned aluminum and photo-etch parts for 1/16th scale as well. I have some turned aluminum pulley's from him. he also has a photoetch engine detailing set.

Flashpoint Motor Sports (Terry)... They have some great resin parts (engines and various engine part) and bodies as well as different size rear tires and antoher style of front tires. they are made of rubber and are great parts.

Competition Resins (Rodger)... They also have great resin parts and bodies. I have a Donovan 417 engine coming from them that I will be using for my Vega F/C.

Replica's & Miniatures (Norm)... I have gotten some seat belt hardware from them. but they have a bunch of and I mean a bunch of resin parts. Mostly 1/24 / 1/25 stuff. here is a pic of the seat belt hardware

DP-Army-Vega536-1.jpg

If there is anything that you'd like to see just let me know and I would be willing to take pics of these parts to show you. Hopefully I am not forgetting any companies that I have bought part from. also feel free to just ask if you have any questions on anything.

one last pic to show some of the various items that I have:

DP-Army-Vega028.jpg

Hi Romell and Chris, Thanks for all the info. I will get a few orders together on the aftermarket parts. I have been watching both your builds and if you guys don't care I would like to use some of your ideas. Dave sent me some pics so that will help. This is a great forum with lots of good people. Romell, I hope you have healed from your fall man that sounded bad. I myself have to take my modeling day by day due to never knowing how bad I will be hurting when I get going. MS really bites and plays with whole body and mind. Thanks again guys for all your help and please keep sending me info.

Paul

Paul... Feel free to use any of my ideas you see. And you are more than welcome to save any of my pics for reference. I don't mind at all. I post my pics to help others as well show my progress. I look forward to seeing progress on this build.

On another note I had a friend in high school that his mom has MS and I know some days are tuff. Keep your head up and build when you have time. I know personally for me building models is therapeutic and a stress reliever for me.

Paul... Feel free to use any of my ideas you see. And you are more than welcome to save any of my pics for reference. I don't mind at all. I post my pics to help others as well show my progress. I look forward to seeing progress on this build.

On another note I had a friend in high school that his mom has MS and I know some days are tuff. Keep your head up and build when you have time. I know personally for me building models is therapeutic and a stress reliever for me.

That,s the way to do it. ^_^:D