Model Cars Magazine Forum

Model Database ... the easy way

Foxer

This is simple and not a real modeling tip, but the latest issue #160 got me using the database for the first time. The GSL article has some database links on some photos which read like modelcarsmag.com/0512. To make it easy, just go to the forum with your normal link then just edit the link to delete all after www.modelcarsmag.com and add the /0512 and hit enter.

I know many will say this is almost common sense, but many here aren't all that computer savvy.

It's really not a database, more of just web pages, photo galleries, and such.

I don't have a listing yet of the articles and their corresponding numbers yet. Still working on that page on the main site.

But then, after thinking, it's more of a plus for the readers.

Those who get the magazine, know where to go to for the extra stories.

You guys got me thinking more....

• 1 month later...

Once upon a time...... I actually went through all of my model kits and wrote down manufacturer, kit number, scale, model description, condition and purchase price then put it into a Windows Excel program. Over the years I updated it whenever I purchased a new kit. I haven't updated it in years and now it's a mess. LOL I guess I'll have to take a weekend and get the list updated. LOL