Model Cars Magazine Forum

Yenko Deuce hood tach?

I'm planning to build a 1970 Yenko Deuce Nova from an AMT 1972 Nova SS kit and a Flintstone 1970 body. I haven't recieved the model kit yet and haven't ordered the body. I did order the Deuce decal set and I can hardly wait to see them.

My question is what would be the best way to make the hood tach?

Thanks!

The hood tach looks like the Pontiac Hood Tach. I know for sure that Tach is in the Revell 68 Firebird. Other kits have it as well, but I would have to search my stash to see which. I think I have also seen it on some resin vendor sites, but, not needing one, didn't pay attention which.

Actually the tach is an aftermarker "Dixco" tach and the shape is angled differently so the tach face is easier to see. Let me know if you find one.

Well the AMT Nova came today and I can't really use it as a Deuce base. There are to many wrong parts for it to appear to be a Deuce. It has an auto tranny, bucket seats, and SS badges on front and back (duh its an SS). But all is not a loss it will be good practice to get back upto speed. It is a badass ride any way you look at it. I might try the Revell COPO and 69 SS and combo them for the right parts (sorta). Has anyone used the Flintstone bodies? They make a 70 Nova for this AMT but could it be used on a Revell?

I have looked hard for a Dixco hood tach and have had no luck with one in 1/25 scale. I can't see the one on the Firebird or GTO well enough to tell how close it is to the Dixco tach. I have thought of trying to crave one but it has gotten much past the thought yet. I'll probably end up useing a 68 Firebird or GTO tach dunno. I wouldn't mind building a Firebird or a GTO anyway. Wow after buying all these models I'll have a down payment on a real Deuce lol.

Thanks!