Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

99 chevy escalade ext cab stepside

Can't say its been done, at least to this extent.. started off by cutting the Escalade front end into a 99 chevy, then opened the hood with grille insert added to it. Opened the doors and hinged them suicide and also swings into the body unlike normal suicide doors. Bed is from a ford lightning, and a chevy ssr fenders. Lightning tailgate, handbuilt rollpan over to the fenders. Clear bed floor added

Interior is all caddy, added the sub box and stretched it in the middle, added the amp on a rack behind it, sliding seats, tilt steering wheel, tvs in the doors, console and roof, square sub in the dash, glove box opens revealing a PS2, engine is a 409 from a 59 impala, wired, plumbed all 3 carbs, throttle spring, scratchbuilt pulleys, rearend will be IRS hand built out of parts in boxes, compressor for the air tank be an engine driven compressor ill be building for it.

Now some pics

2011-09-01_20-22-18_229.jpg

2011-09-01_20-18-18_934.jpg

2011-09-06_18-34-58_38.jpg

2011-09-06_18-43-09_208.jpg

2011-09-09_21-35-01_596.jpg

The first color is intense blue pearl, tho that might get laid as my base...or become the color for the entire truck...not set in stone as to which color choice im goin with but it will be a blue shade.

Ii gotta come across a rear window so I can add my license plate to it there.

This truck is looking great. This reminds me of some of the trucks I used to see when I went to truck shows all the time. Escalade front ends always look good on a Silverado. Sure wish Revell or Round 2 would make a stepside kit for any of the last three body style Silverados. Um, or the last two in any form. LOL

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I haven't done too much with it, but have painted it, done interior in a tan color, waiting on my GPS, tv. & radio screens to get here for that to get done. Amp is wired in, brake lines on all 4 corner. I do have the lights in and the clear lenses are painted a clear blue for a wilder look (unpictured).

2011-10-21_23-31-10_213.jpg

2011-10-21_23-31-26_909.jpg

2011-10-21_23-37-44_176.jpg

2011-10-16_01-16-46_59.jpg

got one more month to get it all buttoned up and finished.