Model Cars Magazine Forum

85 mustang SVO custom

slammd454SS

Did this one earlier in the year, not really expecting much from the kit even though I did manage to go as far as wiring up the 4 cyl engine before I completely changed it out with a 427 from the 65 galaxie kit, everything I could figure out to wire& plumb was and is. Only big modification is the new vette and clear area was added to clear the tunnel ram on the engine..plus it vines it a nice muscled look.

Flocked interior, added a cassette in the dash from photoetch, paint is two tone diamond dust, atomic rust, with blazing black as the breaker. Wheels are from a vw bus diecast.

100_3843.jpg

100_3844.jpg

100_3845.jpg

100_3846.jpg

100_3847.jpg

That's why I asked, Jason. not calling it out, but just asking. It would be a little bit of plastic-cut-and-weld surgery in 1:1, but it can be done with enough time and the proper tools. The biggest hurdle would be flipping the inner bucket fixtures to put the reflector up top and the powered socket cups below.

It looks cool, all pro-Touring style. Reminds me of Thomas Clarks' 79 Indy Pace Car; that thing is AWESOME with all the work he has done to it. Check it out sometime!

Edited by whale392