Model Cars Magazine Forum

69 Barracuda Speedster Concept

Moparkid13

Ok I need some opinions...This model was gave to me it was crushed some how and the top got demolished but it has a very straight body and everything else. I have a general Idea but im not real sure were I wanna go with this.

100_1766 by moparkid13, on Flickr

6206181611_e0452782c6.jpg

100_1767 by moparkid13, on Flickr

6206698626_2f09f256c3.jpg

100_1768 by moparkid13, on Flickr

6206183419_314249c49c.jpg

100_1769 by moparkid13, on Flickr

6206184243_d075cc5193.jpg

100_1770 by moparkid13, on Flickr

Thanks in advance

6206185475_f832a47979.jpg

100_1771 by moparkid13, on Flickr

Edited by Moparkid13

Joe seems to be on track there bro. If you want anything OTHER than a "Speedster" type of car, you'll need some type of A-Pillar post. The wrap around type of windshield wouldn't be too hard to do. But then, depending on your abilities, a ragtop would look nice too. :D:rolleyes:;)

You've got a start on what could be something great there. One suggestion though, you might want to use a filler for models instead of bondo because it can actually melt into the plastic as it hardens. If I were going to resort to 1:1 body filler, I wouldn't go any further than spot putty.

I noticed tonight that the model glue and bondo don't seem to be holding up to well, I was sanding and the cover just popped right off... So im taking the opportunity to give it a dip in the "purple pond". I bought some 5 minute epoxy gel from parts store, it says it works for plastic, You think this will be better?

Over a decade ago, I built a mid-engine, 12-cylinder Corvair "Speedster". The look seems to work well with lots of different body styles, especially for drag models, even though mine was built more as a LeMans-type endurance sports racer. I'll see if I can post some photos later on if you like.

Some thing else to try for gluing that rear deck back on is JB Weld. It is made for repairing metal car parts. It is a two part putty & when dry sands very well & feathers nicely. It comes in two types, JB quick & regular that dries in 24 hours. You could tape the pieces together & fill the area with baking soda & thin CA glue. A really nice two part auto filler is Evercote , polyester glazing putty. It is not hot & sands very well & feathers nicely.

The Cuda is coming out nice, so far. Like what you have done with a wreck.

You could carve a master of the windshield you like & vac form it from clear acetate. The idea of the Calloway Vette windshield would look cool. You could use the interior & headrests as well.

Over a decade ago, I built a mid-engine, 12-cylinder Corvair "Speedster". The look seems to work well with lots of different body styles, especially for drag models, even though mine was built more as a LeMans-type endurance sports racer. I'll see if I can post some photos later on if you like.

yes I would like to see that Jim, Sounds interesting

You could carve a master of the windshield you like & vac form it from clear acetate. The idea of the Calloway Vette windshield would look cool. You could use the interior & headrests as well.

How do i do that?

You've got something going there that could be very sleek. I like whats happening but sorry, you got to lose that awful scoop off the hood. Takes away from the

smooth sleek lines I think your trying to achieve. Keep going and show whats happening.

I was kind of thinking the same thing but theres a big hole in the hood. and if i fill it you'll still be able to see the work on the bottom side. but then again I was thinking about adding a blower so I might jus remove the scoop and just have the blower stick out of the hood.