Model Cars Magazine Forum

This as a project I have been working on for over the last couple of weeks. Lots of bodywork.

I extended the hood about a 1/2 inch and extended the roof line. The bed is to AMT dually beds put together. I widened the fenders by cutting them off and extending them with a strip of styrene.

Here is the end look I am going for

dodge_closed_detail.jpg

with a little bit of this mixed in

81886_Front_3-4_Web.jpg

I plan on using a big-rig diesel with exhaust stacks and a semi truck suspension. I am just letting this one "design itself" as I go along.

DSC06528.jpg

STewart

I started work on the suspension setup. I decided I didn't really like the setup of the one I had and I was going to have to modify it anyway so I decided to use some of the parts and make a setup similar to this Hendrickson setup.

18955.jpg

I had to extend the axles in order to get the wheels out under the fenders. I am planning on doing a rather detailed setup with all the nuts and bolts.

DSC06536.jpg

Here is a picture with the slightly enlarged wheel arches. I basically lengthened the arches.

DSC06540.jpg

STewart

• 6 months later...