Model Cars Magazine Forum

Amt Kenworth aerodyne

Hi my name is Steve and I am currently building a amt cabover kenworth aerodyne kit number 6652 and I have a few questions first. What color is the transmission suppose to be? And. What year of truck is this? Last question which might sound dumb but.What color is the radiator suppose to be?Semi gloss black or match the Frame color witch in this case will be yellow frame. Any help will be appreciated thanks.

usually transmissions are flat black,as for the yr of the truck id say early 80's 80-84ish the rad in most trucks are usually black

but if your frame is yellow why not paint the rad yellow to? kind of a custom touch....

great kit to build hope u enjoy it

steve ----farway model truck fleet

While if I remember correctly the original packaging said the KW had an 8V92TA<=8 cylinder,V engine,92 cubes per cyl,Turbocharged,Aftercooled>,(which was the engine considered the Silver 92)

My pesonal knowledge and my research say different.....If it were a "Silver 92"The valve covers would be taller,squared off and made of cast aluminium.Instead of the rounded stamped steel valve covers that are represented in the kit.The 71 series were the last engines to use the stamped steel valve covers and were available in turbocharged and aftercooled models but only produced 400 HP,The "Silver 92" was available to 435 in the mechanical engines and 450 to 500 HP once they were made electronic,When Detroit Diesel came out with the DDEC electronic controls.....These were then reserved primarily for fire trucks and off road equipment.The current version of the kit I have,has no text anywhere stating what engine it has.

I would say the person who wrote the original text for the early packaging was given the wrong info,or he was flat out lied to,but I would say the earlier were true.One final not.the "Silver 92" was painted silver from the factory,unless ordered for fire apparatus,then by federal law it would have been pained red,with the Silver 92 logo on the valve cover.