Model Cars Magazine Forum

ZZZ-28 DRAGSTER! (Deal's Wheels Style) Update: 12-12-11

Ira

Made some progress on the SKULL Hand...

DSCN2364Z.jpg

I cut down the length of the fingers, then I coated the hand with "Aleene's Tacky Glue".

12 hours later I made Knuckle "bumps" on the fingers with a toothpick and dots of Tacky Glue.

After the glue dried I painted Hand and SKULL with white acrylic paint. The paint on the hand dried and cracked all over. I like the cracks!

Then I sprayed the hand and SKULL with Testors Dullcote.

DSCN2365Z.jpg

Next I'll try some a little dry brushing and shading on the SKULL and hand.

I'm getting images of "Achmed the dead terrorist"..... :rolleyes: You know, Jeff Dunham's skeleton puppet. And you put the fun aspect into modeling with this build, Ira! I think everyone should try something like this once in a while. Get away from the superdetailed umpteen year builds that never get finished. Just sits in its box. I know I have some.... But maybe its time to just boot the detailing, and finish the suckers!!?

Ira, I love this, and I am being patient. Give me a break Im a nor cal guy and we love instant gratification.YOU KNOW that heeheehe I like this so much I am scannning ebay for deals wheels, I want to see it on the ground!

Thanks Glenn!

Looks like it will be finished pretty soon...

I'm getting images of "Achmed the dead terrorist"..... :rolleyes: You know, Jeff Dunham's skeleton puppet. And you put the fun aspect into modeling with this build, Ira! I think everyone should try something like this once in a while. Get away from the superdetailed umpteen year builds that never get finished. Just sits in its box. I know I have some.... But maybe its time to just boot the detailing, and finish the suckers!!?

Thanks for your kind comments Hans!

Building these Cartoon Cars has been Great Fun for me, everyone should try at least one!!!

Edited by Ira

Wow, great! Those eyes look good. I like this build very much, that bodywork is great. Paint looks good too. Where are you going to fit that Led set up on finished model?

Thanks for the kind comments Niko!

The LED set-up fits in the engine compartment area.

This is what is left of the Z-28 Chassis Plate after narrowing it and making room for the LED set-up.

DSCN2486Z.jpg

I cut 3 pieces of plastic to fit between the Chassis Plate sides. This will increase the glueing surface of this piece.

SKULLY is Ready to Race!

I used "The Detailer" and lightly covered the Skull & hand with several light coats of black thinned with water.

DSCN2488Z.jpg

I made the Roll Cage with flexable plastic rod. The Roll Cage really adds a lot to the interior, I like it!

Here is the modified Deals Wheels Chassis Plate in place.

I added a piece of white plastic tubing to hold the rear axle.

The black areas will all be touched up before mounting the tires.

DSCN2500Z.jpg

The wires for the LED's go through the drivers seat into the Chassis Plate.

I was able to fit most of the LED set-up into the engine compartment area.