Model Cars Magazine Forum

info on 1969 AMX Jo-Han 1/25 Scale Model Kit Shirley Shahan's Super Stock Racer

1969 AMX Jo-Han 1/25 Scale Model Kit Shirley Shahan's Super Stock Racer Drag-on-lady. Hi I am looking for pictures and info on this model kit. I am wanting to build a SCCA Trans Am car out of this kit, would it work well for that or no? Thank you.

Hi Marty

The Super Stocker is as marked an AMX. For a TransAm car you'll need a Javelin. In '69 they were two different critters.

Trans Am Cars were Javelins, as mentioned above.

But that DragOnLady kit is.... Well, not so great quality. Chassis has molded in rear axle, and inner fenders on the front are anything but correct. I built most of the subframe on the front from Evegreen... Interior has molded in seats, they have to be removed and door panels need lots of fixing and scratchbuilding. Of course you need to do something for the firewall also, and inner fenders are pretty hard to scratchbuild. I haven't been looking for other parts, and if they are realistic, or not but with those modifications, project isn't so fast anymore.