Model Cars Magazine Forum

"Mister" T

GrandpaMcGurk

Well guys here's the bulk of the interior, the floor boards are dark brown flocking, the seats are s'posed to look like they are aluminum shells with padded back rests and seat cushions. I had to turn the buckets into a "love seat" to get them to fit inside the cab.......roll bar for sure!

I'll touch up the paint before I install them.

Amtcont010.jpg

Amtcont012.jpg

I figured if I used a metallic base coat of the orange over gold it would look a little more like "scale" metal-flake than the stuff they sell as metal-flake. The spray can paint looks way out of scale on a 1/25th model to me.

I tried to get a pic of the fade but couldn't get it to show up in the photos.

Anyway, the lower half of the cab is faded with candy apple red. It'll probably show up better when I paint & install the fenders as they have more of the candy on them.

After looking at that small patch of black on the roof,hmmmmmmmmmmmm ..... think I'll go with a tan vinyl rather than black.

I haven't finished the sanding on the cab yet, that's why that little seam shows in the paint.

Amtcont004.jpg

Amtcont005.jpg

Amtcont006.jpg

Amtcont007.jpg

Edited by GrandpaMcGurk

Here's a little more eye candy for your amusement.......

I figured being I had 2 engines I just as well have 2 drag chutes also.

Finished up the rear engine mounting plate and fit the floor pan, did a few mock-ups.

I had no intention of putting this much effort into this build but every time I pick it up it just keeps talking to me and getting further out of the box. Great fun.

AMRTchutes001.jpg

AMRTchutes003.jpg

AMRTchutes005.jpg

AMRTchutes007.jpg

AMRTchutes008.jpg

Started cobbling up a fantasy heavy duty trans-axle for the T. It started as a Ford auto trans and some bits from the parts box.

AmrtiIFS006.jpg

I got to looking at the car and figured with all the weight from those engines it would probably be a bit much on a buggy spring front axle so I've decided to slide an IFS under the front.

Pics coming soon. I'll be using the front end pieces from a '65 Chevy Impala.

Edited by GrandpaMcGurk

Well it took a bit of whittling but I managed to stuff an Impala front end under the fenders of an already small vehicle. Also got the track and ride height where I wanted it. It looks right at home under this truck, a buggy spring front end looks a bit too wimpy.

Found a home for the fuel cell too.

AmrtiIFS003.jpg

AmrtiIFS005.jpg

AmrtiIFS004.jpg

AmrtiIFS002.jpg

Edited by GrandpaMcGurk