Model Cars Magazine Forum

to many people cant load pics

Failed to Load Image , thats the error I get when I try to change my avatar pic. Thats ok though...It's Christmas, and my Grinch works fine :)

I also have had lots of problems like that which eventually worked out after trying over and over, and I think a moderator or tech guy needs to get more information from you.

You guys aren't the only one with that sort of problem, when I changed mine to the current one I would get that message "Failed to Load Image", but it still loaded. Also at that time, it was quite funny because I could log on with my laptop and see the current pic, but if I went out to my main computer I would see the old image, and that was even with both computers online on the site at the same time!!

One other time right after the "upgrades", I was just "playing" with different pics, and I'm glad that I didn't try to put an offensive or otherwise inappropriate pic up, because one of the "Failed to Load Image" images was MY NEW PIC!!

Guest Gramps-xrds

I might add that Photobucket has a problem with the new versions of Firefox and maybe IE or other browsers. Through a lot of effort I managed to find out what the problem was. It had to do with the java that was installed in firefox. Only one of them is used and the others need to be uninstalled or disabled. The one to keep is "Javaplatform SE 6 u29" Once I made the corrections to Firefox's add on's I've had no problems with PB what so ever.

I might add that Photobucket has a problem with the new versions of Firefox and maybe IE or other browsers. Through a lot of effort I managed to find out what the problem was. It had to do with the java that was installed in firefox. Only one of them is used and the others need to be uninstalled or disabled. The one to keep is "Javaâ„¢platform SE 6 u29" Once I made the corrections to Firefox's add on's I've had no problems with PB what so ever.

100% Bill

For those of you that want to do what Bill suggested--------you would go under Tools in Firefox, and click on Add Ons, from there another window, (or tab) will pop up. From there, you want to click on "Plug-Ins" and scroll down. Click the disable button on the other Java programs that Bill mentioned------and that should do the trick.

I wasn't having a problem on my version of Firefox, but I went ahead and disabled the other Java software that was running, and so far I've had no trouble.

Thanks for the tip Gramps! :D