Model Cars Magazine Forum

need a favor from someone in the colorado region

hey guys

i am working on my christmass list and i have my 12 year old nephew on there

he is just starting to get excited about sports and i'd love to get him a NFL jersey

my heart belongs to the lions but i want to instill more then the just the love for a team, the spirit of the game

so i cant very well give him a Suh jersey because i dont want him to think it is cool to be the most fined player in the game

this brings me to a man whom i greatly respect and who's skills have been heavily critised

under all the scrutiny he has displayed to correct attitude and on top of that he's a Christian who doesnt hide his faith

so this is the man who's jersey i'd like him to have (and being 5-1 as a starter doesnt hurt either)

well, to the point, i want to get him a Tebow broncos jersey but i cant find any online that are affordalbe

i have about 20 but 30 tops to spend on a jersey.

would anyone in the colorado area be able to get one locally and ship it my way?

(id pay for the shipping off course)

thanks guys :)

thanks Shane,

it doesnt have to be an 'authentic' reebok NFL players union certified jersey, but i do want it to be the football jersey fabric (not just cotton or whatever Tshirts are made out off)

if im being picky i'd take the orange over blue over white...but too be honoust, im not picky

he is 12 years old and a scrauny little guy (her side of the family, with me being 6 foot even and 26 years old i am the shortest AND oldest of the guys on my side) so a adult small or a youth medium should fit

i wouldnt mind getting a youth large, he'll grow into it im sure

thanks again

Shane, no problem, as long as we can get it done before Christmass ;)

Mark, thanks for the invite, that would be cool, but im afraid i'd blow my whole budget on gas

(not to mention im getting winter tires put on the charger today so that'll take a big chunk anyways)

I'm coming up dry here bud, Nothing less then a small fortune. At this point I would say keep searching on line. I feel your pain though, even in washington state, I'm having a hard time finding a Seahawk jerz for my boy for a resonable price. I guess its kinda like waiting till the snow dumps ,then trying to find a deal on a snow blower....which I'm also doing :blink:

Non the less, I will keep you posted if I hear diff this weekend

thanks for all the effort guys

Shane, i have a great snowthrower for sale

it bolts up to the 96 MTD lawnmowers but i made it fit my mid 2000s model

i bought it use last year and only used it for one season

you see, i made a small miscalculation

i dont have room in my garage to fit both cars and the snowthrower/lawnmower side by side by side so i parked the car behind the lawnmower (after all, i use the car everyday)

well, the first good snowfall dropped 2 feet of snow on my driveway and they i realised something...i couldnt get the car out of the garage to get to the snowthrower

wouldnt surprise me if the price just went up...denver took a 10-13 win over chicago in OT

i was following the game on the NFL site

one of the bears fans (im guessing) posted the following comment after the game

"If there is a God, maybe he should work on the hunger/poverty thing instead of helping Denver win games"

that just cracks me up

i like it how Tebow takes all this flack for being a Christian and never having a bad word to say about those who comment on him

i guess it goes right back to why i think he's a good role model

yup, i stopped in at the local Christian book store today, one of my sundayschool kids is having a birthday next week and i promised her a bilingual bible

so while i was waiting for them to engrave it i read 20-odd pages off a book title "through my eyes" written by, you guessed it, Timothy Tebow

(quite interesting reading actually, i might add it to my Christmass list)

i was watching the interview he did after the game and it is just refreshing to hear the way he talks up his teammates and how he give credit where credit is due

but most of all how he seems to put the emphasis on character over performance

it was quite an interesting win thoug, they were behind 10 point with just over 2 minutes remaining

Tebow started a scoring drive in which he was 8-8 and the kid that dropped the ball earlier on in the game picked up the touchdown pass

now they are trailing by 3 with 8 seconds to go and they go for a 59 yard field goal attempt WHICH IS GOOD

chicago starts the overtime with possesion, fumbles the ball which is recoverd by denver and after a 51 yard field goal denver has secured the lead in thier division

i honoustly wonder how a team would prepare for a game against denver?

i do think Tebow is a good quarterback (they dont give out heisman trophies for nothing) but the team itself seems to play better with him there

its almost like the way manning carries (sorry, carried) the colts

how would you prepare facing a team thats on a 6 game winning streak, most of which seemed strange at least and most of which came from 4th quarter deficits?

i guess the newspaper summed it up best when it said

"most denver fans may not want to admit it but the first 3 quarters of the game have become a fine time to tend to the weekend to-do list"

at any rate, its a win and im glad for them

hopefully we can help them secure the lead by knocking oakland down a spot for them :) (speaking as a lions fan now)

wow, im starting to ramble

thanks for all the help guys

Darin, i have come across several site that advertise jerseys at about that price...what they fail to mention is that they charge 20 dollars for shipping to bring the total to $45 which is still more then the wifey will allow

Rob, the NFL site still comes in out of my budget, really the best shot would have been target or something but they are "out of stock"

Shane, they controll thier own destiny

they need at least one more win (with buffalo up next im not worried) but they may need a second and the chiefs just knocked down the packers

in all honousty, with all 4 teams in the AFC west no more then 2 wins apart there is even a statistic possibilty of ANY of the four teams in that league taking the crown and im not sure what wild card chances are for a 8-8 team

No luck on my end. "Tebowmania" runs rampant. Went to Big Five Sportings and they were out everywhere (have a few stores in town). Not brave enough to go to a mall. Getting to old to get out of the way. Might find one after the Rockies start spring training. :) Richard