Model Cars Magazine Forum

IPMS National Convention 2013

wgflatliner

August 2013 is going to be the IPMS Nationals held in Colorado.

The reason i'm posting this is because a lot of people know (or at least NOW know) that IPMS seems to be mostly military themed models. Personally i want to see a year where the cars, trucks, vans and other vehicles outnumber the armor and aircraft!

Another reason i am posting this: i know a lot of people here have tremendous skill, and i want to see that skill in person, plus it would be cool to meet some folks in person as well.

oh yeah - there is a theme behind this Nationals Convention. It'll be the 50th anniversary of IPMS which started in the UK, so we're going to have a theme based contest outside of the other normal contests. things that were made in 1963, companies founded in 1963, etc. The other reason it's in Colorado is because Colorado is "The Centennial State" and the members of the Centennial chapter of IPMS is hosting it.

i have been trying to find companies that were founded in 1963, and have found Lamborghini and McLaren. This gives some of us the option of building a McLaren F1 indy car! I know i'm going to!

anyways, i'd love to see y'all come out to colorado and talk plastic.

thanks again and happy holidays!

Edited by wgflatliner

• 3 weeks later...