Model Cars Magazine Forum

Still good deals on ebay?

I'm kinda stoked....found a 1/16 Kenworth kit on ebay, the kit was mis-listed in models>auto>sports>other.....NOT auto>truck! Anyway, with 19 minutes left on the auction; I bid the $99....and surprise; I won....nice O/C kit, great decals; and sealed parts...not one of the usual glue bombs for that money.....AWESOME....Merry Christmas to Matt. The 1/16 pete is listed on tower hobbies as SSP for $71.99....you can also find it at Mega-hobby for $63.99. I will most likely order from tower; as I usually get free shipping and great e-coupon deals from them; which really knocks down the per kit price when you order 10 or so at a time....No word on KW re-issue though....(bummer) I thought they would do both at the same time; but why look the proverbial gift horse in the mouth? I guess I will just stock up on the pete's for now; and hold out hope for the kw being re-popped soon............matt

P.S. If you look fo rthe pete @ towerhobbies; it's listed right in the monogram cars....not with big scale stuff; the kit # is 85-2500 i think.

Yep, that is a good find,I brought a blue 1/16th KW Areodyne for $126 and was sealed,mint condition

I must admit Matt, I loved cutting the blue areodyne kits up, slicing that fresh plastic to make a aussie short hood was fun, and they do cut up better than the metallic kits, they are very brittle to work with and crack when you are chopping them if you are not carefull :D I used a metal glow kit for the SAR and it was a nightmare, I am going to redo it with a Blue kit hood, they are as good as the red ones to chop

Tony; I know what you mean....The metal glow kits used the most brittle plastic ever it seems! This kit will more than likely be the "donor" for my S.A.R. project....I still have one other unbuilt i the box; and yet another that is the basis for my K-100 Cabover.....I really didn't NEED this model; but just seeing one for $99 compelled me to bid on it.....I'm sure you know how that is................Matt