Model Cars Magazine Forum

1968 Ford Pickup

Does anybody know where to find a good 1968 era F100 resin body? I'm trying to make a model of my friend's truck but I can't seem to find the body I need. So far I found a crew cab and a chopped version by Blue Oval ResinWorks and a 1966 F100 Transkit by Motor City Resin. I don't really want to spend nearly $70 for the Transkit and I need a regular cab that's not chopped so is there any other place I can find what I need?

Found a '72 Ford pickup conversion at R&R for $60. Guess that I'm going to have to save up for a while to get it unless something else comes along. At least it's the same generation as the '68 unlike the '66 so it should be easier to make. If you guys find something else please let me know.

Found a '72 Ford pickup conversion at R&R for $60. Guess that I'm going to have to save up for a while to get it unless something else comes along. At least it's the same generation as the '68 unlike the '66 so it should be easier to make. If you guys find something else please let me know.

The R&R has an incorrect interior- it's basically a straight repop of the more common '79 kit. It would be easier to convert this to a '68 than the '79, but be advised- if you have never worked with resin, R&R kits aren't the best beginners projects.

Other than the interior, it is a really rough casting- lots of flash, pinholes, and warped parts. Thickness varies quite a bit, and a few of the parts are 'double poured'. The first one I got was so rough I just made a beater out of it. I sprayed the interior black and dirtied up the windows to hide the 'too-new' interior.

IMG_59681-vi.jpg

Good job on the weathering. Hopefully I will be able to work out those problems 'cause it's the closest I can find to what I need. As for the interior, I guess I will just have to maybe do a little customizing and scratch building if I have to. Helps that I have a 1:1 truck to look off of if I have to. Thanks for the help everybody.

• 2 weeks later...

Blue-Oval ResinWorks is back.!!! After a long hiatis and major medical leave after 2 heart attacks, stent and gall bladder surgery and a major lower by-pass, I'm still kickin and back up and running. I'm working on a '71 Ford F-series pickup. this will have a corrected roofline and interior dash not like the R&R version that's basically a 73-79 with 72 trim. I will eventually have all the grilles for this one too from '67 to '72 and there will be 2 different shortbeds available as well as the longbed. This will be a partially complete kit with cab, bed, interior tub, bumpers, grille and chassis. You will need tires, wheels and an engine from another kit to finish, Look for it in February as it's almost ready to cast.I'll also have a scratchbuilt '66-'77 Ford Bronco, a '67 Ford Ranchero, a 68-69 Ranchero and a '67 Shelby Eleanor coming very soon. I've also got some Ford big-rig stuff in the works too and a few other surprises. Watch for it on my website. Kenny at http://blue-oval-resinworks.com

• 2 weeks later...

Blue-Oval ResinWorks is back.!!! After a long hiatis and major medical leave after 2 heart attacks, stent and gall bladder surgery and a major lower by-pass, I'm still kickin and back up and running. I'm working on a '71 Ford F-series pickup. this will have a corrected roofline and interior dash not like the R&R version that's basically a 73-79 with 72 trim. I will eventually have all the grilles for this one too from '67 to '72 and there will be 2 different shortbeds available as well as the longbed. This will be a partially complete kit with cab, bed, interior tub, bumpers, grille and chassis. You will need tires, wheels and an engine from another kit to finish, Look for it in February as it's almost ready to cast.I'll also have a scratchbuilt '66-'77 Ford Bronco, a '67 Ford Ranchero, a 68-69 Ranchero and a '67 Shelby Eleanor coming very soon. I've also got some Ford big-rig stuff in the works too and a few other surprises. Watch for it on my website. Kenny at http://blue-oval-resinworks.com

Kenny, could I talk you into making some kind of announcement in here and the General section when this kit is ready to go?

Kenny, could I talk you into making some kind of announcement in here and the General section when this kit is ready to go?

I second that request. I have long wanted a '67-'72 F 100 or F150. Any idea on the price f the kit>|? Also, did you ever get that mid '70's Ford Super Cab half ton produced? I'm in for one or two of those too.. Respectfully, Gary